PDA

View Full Version : Gourami and angels?

GamingGirl
12-24-2004, 12:14 AM
Is it ok to put a gourami in the tank with my angelfishes? (60 gallons.)

ladyjai
12-24-2004, 04:43 AM
no, gouramis and angels are notorious for destroying each other.

GamingGirl
12-27-2004, 06:47 PM
To bad.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Redfighter
04-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Are there any other fish with the angels?

AKI
01-02-2006, 02:28 PM
my gourmai fight with the angel but my angel is big and can defend its self but the gourmai also attacks the clown loaches. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Full3R
01-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Wow i wish i new that Gouramis and Angels fight iw ouldnt have bought them and kept them together in a 17 gallon tank but the strange thing is i kept 3 angels from dorsal fin to the bottom fin (i dunno what its called) of about 5 inches and another Angel 6 inches with a Blue Gourami of about 5 inches and a Dwarf Male Gourami of about 3 inches and they got along fine. i wouldnt have taken the risk if id known they fight but i kept them for 2 solid years happily

colingalbraith
03-23-2006, 03:50 PM
I have 3 Electric Blue Gourami's, 3 Fire Red Gourami's and 2 Angelfish. All of them quite peacefully together in harmony. I can almost hear the harps playing as I type. ;)

stubbytheplecostomus
08-25-2006, 03:08 AM
opaline gourami and angels fish in a 40, best friends no problems at all, always following each other around, both are very easy going. maybe i got lucky, but i did introduce the angel when i moved the gourami to a bigger tank, just like with salt water tangs if they are introduced at the same time the tend to not fight.

Lady Hobbs
09-19-2006, 11:17 PM
I have Moonlights, Dwarfs, Goldens and powder blues all together with my angel fish. They pay no attention to the angel but he doesn't like them in HIS spot. No one ever gets hurt tho. He just attempts to chase them but of course is not fast enough.

My Moons are full grown as are my Goldens and they get along fine. I did have the 3-Spot that was a pain tho.

freshwaterfishlover
10-29-2006, 03:28 AM
Is it ok to put a gourami in the tank with my angelfishes? (60 gallons.)

What kind of Gouramis do you have? Gouramis like Peral are very calm, but 3 spoted Gouramis are very aggressive.

jeffs99dime
10-29-2006, 05:13 AM
Wow i wish i new that Gouramis and Angels fight iw ouldnt have bought them and kept them together in a 17 gallon tank but the strange thing is i kept 3 angels from dorsal fin to the bottom fin (i dunno what its called) of about 5 inches and another Angel 6 inches with a Blue Gourami of about 5 inches and a Dwarf Male Gourami of about 3 inches and they got along fine. i wouldnt have taken the risk if id known they fight but i kept them for 2 solid years happily

the "bottom fin" is the anal fin--jeff