PDA

View Full Version : Skinny Telescope.

chrisb01
01-07-2010, 03:47 AM
My wife has some Goldfish, including one Black Moore.

I went to the LFS and saw a red telescope. Small, about 1 1/4" long. I liked him because it looks just like the Black Moore but in red.

However, when I put the fish in the tank I noticed he is very skinny. Not like the Black Moore or other fantail fish that are pretty fat.

Will the fish gain weight eventually? I'd like to get him fat, even if I have to share my Prime Rib with him.

I don't think the LFS will give me the money back. They don't have any others (telescopes I mean), like him, so exchanging will not work. :help:

annageckos
01-07-2010, 03:55 AM
Feed him well and as long as nothing is wrong with him, he should fatten up. You could alway feed a anti parasitic food if you thing that may be a factor. Other than that a good high quiaty, varied diet will help.

Scrup
01-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Crushed garlic would help to get rid of any parasite he may have. not a bad idea just to be sure.

VoidParadigm
01-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Skinny doesn't nessicarily mean unhealthy for "fancy" goldfish. Many breeders aren't as selective as they should be, and it's possible that one of his parents was simply a streamlined variation of goldfish while the other was fantail.

And some fancy strains of goldfish do start out more streamlined, then get their football shape as they grow.

Make sure not to feed anymore than you would regularly just because the fish looks smaller. Add a touch of garlic to the food for at least a week just to make sure it is not parasites, otherwise all you can do is wait.