PDA

View Full Version : score!!!

labnjab
01-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Since were done adding anymore sps and only plan on a few more lps we decided it was time for our 1st large coral. Were picking up a very large leather for our 75 this friday. Here's a pic taken by the guy selling http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx215/gregsreef1/P1020540.jpg

He only wants $40 for it and hes had it for 8 years. Stay tuned for pics of this monster in our tank. Btw he has it in a 26 gallon bowfront now

ILuvMyGoldBarb
01-06-2010, 04:05 AM
Ummm... you may want to rethink that. Toadstools are beautiful corals for sure, but be ready to frag that sucker like crazy. Those things can easily reach 3' in diameter. At only 12" for being 8 years old, it is definitely cramped. You give it that 75 and it is going to take over and shade everything else. Just something for you to think about.

korith
01-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Could always frag it and resell, make a bit of profit.

labnjab
01-06-2010, 04:32 AM
Thank you for the headsup swaddict. :) i think i remember you mentioned that they get large back when we started the hobby over a year ago. We plan on fragging it...and to keep up with fragging it. We gotta support the habbit ,i mean hobby some how, lol.

The area we plan on putting it in doesnt have much for coral so shading shouldnt be too much of a problem anytime soon. I've actually been saving a spot for a large leather. The coral dense area in on the complete opposite side of the tank. If it does become overwelming for the tank in a few years we can always sell it or trade it