PDA

View Full Version : stonefish+snakehead

little hawaii
01-02-2010, 04:56 PM
:help:
Anyone have any thoughts about keeping stonefish and a snakehead together in a 90g. I'm thinking of getting them both young and let them grow up together. I want to keep a rare carnivor to eat all my culls.:22:

annageckos
01-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Stonefish are brackish, unless it is a different fish going under that name. They are also venomous too. Beside the water difference I would worry about the snakehead getting stung by the stonefish. Or trying to eat it and both of them ending up dead.

little hawaii
01-02-2010, 05:03 PM
The stone fish I'm looking at is Thalassophrine amazonica. It is a fresh water species.

annageckos
01-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Interesting fish. Not what I have seen labled stonefish around here. From the little I could find on them it looks like they are a smaller fish, fishbase had 9.3 cm, about 4inches. My thoughts are a fish that small would get lost in a 90 gallon tank. I also read that they like to hide in the sand and eat only live fish. Now with it being small, what snakehead where you looking at? IMO I don't think it is a good choise for a 90. A smaller tank like a 30 would be better. Easier to see the fish and make sure it is eating. Feeding would be a problem in the bigger tank with other predators.