PDA

View Full Version : golden eyes about to spawn

frank_zappa
01-02-2010, 04:19 PM
i have a pair of golden eye cichlids in my planted 29-gallon and they are gonna spawn any day now. will they all still get along?

she raised her last batch of fry in a 10-gallon by herself, because she would have killed anything else in the tank with her.

currently, the 29 gallon tank is housing the pair of golden eyes, 8 corys, 1 platy fry, L387 pleco, and a shrimp.

do you think i will i be able to leave everybody in the tank once they have spawned? does a 29 gallon offer enough room for them to all coexist or will i have to move the others? i think the pleco will be fine because it is only out when it is dark, mostly. i am a little worried about the shrimp because im sure she could kill it, but she could probably kill any of them if she wanted to. she is little but when she has fry she is not to be messed with, ha. the male i will move either way.

i probably posted this in the wrong place...not sure if this is really a compatibility question or not.

rich311k
01-02-2010, 04:57 PM
They should be fine. They may chase a bit, but the tank mates should be fine. I worry more about the parents as sometimes they get nasty with each other.

frank_zappa
01-02-2010, 06:23 PM
yeah, there's no way i can leave the male in there. i learned that one the hard way when i tried to reintroduce him too soon after her first batch of fry were removed; she nearly killed him. do you think i should move the shrimp? i would prefer to leave it but i dont want to take too many chances with it. i think the corys will be alright

rich311k
01-03-2010, 02:55 AM
I don think they will bother the shrimp. They probably will barely notice them.