PDA

View Full Version : Clown pleco

annageckos
01-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Well, about 8 or 9 months ago I got a clown pleco. My tank has two larger pieces of driftwood and a TON of plants. So earlier I was kneeling infront of the tank, trying to see what was going on in the tank. Trying to see throu the jungle of plants and I see movment. It's the clown pleco! I have only seen him maybe 4 or5 times since getting him. Sounds dumb, but I am excited to see him. I love the fish that you have to look for. I just wish he would show himself somemore. Such a pretty little fish. I couldn't get a pic of him thou:scry: All I got to see was his tail and dorsle fin before he shifted back behind the wood. Oh well, maybe in another month or two I will get to see him dart behind the wood again.:hmm3grin2orange:

R2 Ranch
01-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Awesome.... I so understand your enjoyment of seeing your pleco:19:

annageckos
01-01-2010, 10:39 PM
That is one thing I really love about this site. People understand the joy in seeing a little 2 and a half inch brown striped fish less than once a month.thumbs2: :hmm3grin2orange:

toddnbecka
01-02-2010, 12:23 AM
I have 6 L-333's about that size in a 30L with my BN breeding stock. Occaisonally I'll see one, actually more like a tail or dorsal fin, among the driftwood. The only time I actually get a good look at any of them is when I strip down the tank for a thorough cleaning.
They still beat the bumblebee catfish we had way back when I was a child. That bugger would only be seen if you turned on the tank light after it had been dark for some time. Then it might be glimpsed for 1-2 seconds as it made top speed to find cover.