PDA

View Full Version : 38G "Big Leaf" Planted Tank

Chrisinator
01-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Finally, a huge step from my 10G. "Big Leaf" = Big Leap = Huge Step from 10G. LOL.

Tank Specs & Stats:
Tank: 38G [36"x12"x19"]
Filter: AquaClear 20 + Rena Filstar XP2 [Arriving Jan. 5th '10]
Heater: Aqueon 100W, AquaClear 50W
Lighting: Coralife Double Light SW (swapping lights) Arriving Jan. 5th '10]
Substrate: 1/3 Eco Complete, 2/3 Fluorite Black
Decor: Manzanita Driftwood and Lava Rocks

Fauna:
3 Peacock Gudgeons
4 Pencilfish
3 Guppies

5 Nerites (Zebra and Clithon spp.)
2 Cherry Shrimp

Flora:
Vallisnerias
Anubias
Hygros
Flame Moss
Taiwain Moss
Tiger Lotus
Java Fern

Welcome, 38G!

I NEED RECOMMENDATIONS ON STOCKING. I'd like it to be stocked around 4-5 Peacock Gudgeons and 7-8 Habrosus Corydoras and a group of 10-12 of a school species. Thanks!

Pictures:
10G:
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/WhatTheFunky/IMG_5758.jpg

to 38G:
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/WhatTheFunky/IMG_6085.jpg

Peacock Gudgeons:
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/WhatTheFunky/IMG_6082.jpg

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/WhatTheFunky/IMG_6074.jpg

MCHRKiller
01-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Very nice tank, it will look especially nice when those background plants fill in. Since you seem to have all very small fish why not continue it with a large shoal of Chili Rasboras, when kept in good condition they are truely stunning little fish...would definatly add a splash of color. I wouldnt be afraid to bump their shoal on up to around 16 members personally. Good filtration and live plants, plus low bioload fish to start with....you should be fine with that.

annageckos
01-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Very nice. Love the Peacock Gudgeons, very nice looking fish. Never see them around here. If you can find the black morpho tetras are very nice. It is the fish in my avitar.

bushwhacker
01-01-2010, 09:45 PM
great lookin tank i like the ten also. you going to use it for a QT? you've got a lot of space now so load it up, i've never had the gudgeons but they are some sweet fish can you add more?

Chrisinator
01-01-2010, 09:59 PM
great lookin tank i like the ten also. you going to use it for a QT? you've got a lot of space now so load it up, i've never had the gudgeons but they are some sweet fish can you add more?

Yep. I'm gonna be adding about 2-3 more so I can start breeding them.

Very nice tank, it will look especially nice when those background plants fill in. Since you seem to have all very small fish why not continue it with a large shoal of Chili Rasboras, when kept in good condition they are truely stunning little fish...would definatly add a splash of color. I wouldnt be afraid to bump their shoal on up to around 16 members personally. Good filtration and live plants, plus low bioload fish to start with....you should be fine with that.

Thank you! Yep, I've been thinking about keeping Chili Rasboras but I'm not exactly sure if I'm gonna get bigger species of fish. If I get bigger species (around 3-4",) would they get eaten by the other fish? Probably will do either Threadfin/Forktail Rainborwfish or some of the Chili Rasboras.

Very nice. Love the Peacock Gudgeons, very nice looking fish. Never see them around here. If you can find the black morpho tetras are very nice. It is the fish in my avitar.

Yep. I love Peacock Gudgeons. Plus the Black Morpho Tetras.

Chrisinator
01-02-2010, 09:17 PM
I think I got my stocking all set:

6 Marbled Hatchetfish
16 Chili Rasboras
5 Peacock Gudgeons
7 Habrosus Cories

and a few extras.

Deleted User
01-02-2010, 09:23 PM
It's looking great and is one of my favorite tank sizes thumbs2:

Lab_Rat
01-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Great looking tank, can't wait to see it once the plants fill in. I really like your stocking list too!

Chrisinator
01-02-2010, 10:34 PM
thank you guys so much! do you guys have any ideas on other fish that I could put?

EmmanuelJB
01-02-2010, 10:38 PM
thank you guys so much! do you guys have any ideas on other fish that I could put?
Your tank looks great! I think a nice sized school of cardinal or rummy nose tetras would look nice in your aquarium!

Chrisinator
01-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Thanks! I'm gonna be doing Chili Rasboras because they are smaller and I can fit more of them, but thanks for the suggestions!

Jacko
01-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Looks great Chris! Congrats on the upgrade :19:

Chrisinator
01-03-2010, 02:15 AM
Thank you!