PDA

View Full Version : The Addiction

kraqus
12-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Hello everyone!

My name is Ben from California, USA.

What turned out to be a "simple" goldfish gift to my daughter this past Christmas has turned into an addiction. I got the little guy well set up for now and now I want to learn everything there is to learn in order to keep a Freshwater "tropical" environment and hopefully moved to a saltwater ecosystem eventually.

I spent the last 3 days on the Computer searching and searching, hungry for knowledge. The wife was quite mad I got to bed by 2 AM all 3 days....LOL!

I know I am a newbie, I understand I know nothing about Aquariums and Ecosystems but I hope to learn along and also to pay it forward.

Thanks and Happy Holidays !!

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm150/kraqus/Fish.jpg

Benny

Deleted User
12-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Welcome to the AC http://www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/aiw/bye.gif

R2 Ranch
12-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Welcome!!! Glad you joined us.thumbs2:

gadget228
12-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Well you have come to the right place, I'm also fairly new and learn something new everday, Welcome to the AC... :22:

kraqus
12-29-2009, 12:05 AM
I spent the first day (till 2AM) just looking for a Forum and found quite a few.
I joined 2 of them which I thought were well designed and the format organized.

I already got 3 responses here in less than 1 hour....:19:

I guess I am in the right place....thumbs2:

Benny

little hawaii
12-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Hello everyone!

My name is Ben from California, USA.

What turned out to be a "simple" goldfish gift to my daughter this past Christmas has turned into an addiction. I got the little guy well set up for now and now I want to learn everything there is to learn in order to keep a Freshwater "tropical" environment and hopefully moved to a saltwater ecosystem eventually.

I spent the last 3 days on the Computer searching and searching, hungry for knowledge. The wife was quite mad I got to bed by 2 AM all 3 days....LOL!

I know I am a newbie, I understand I know nothing about Aquariums and Ecosystems but I hope to learn along and also to pay it forward.
Thanks and Happy Holidays !! PS. I prefer to use the words extreme passion rather than the usual -crazy, addiction. Just save some for the wife.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm150/kraqus/Fish.jpg

Benny

Welcome to the right place Big B. -sorry thats what we call my son Benjanin. He is 19 -6'4" and size 15 shoes. I have to tread carefully I think. I'm new to this site and find it excellent. I'm a vet. of 42yrs. and there is no end to what I can learn here. Your daughter is a real kutty, I hope you keep her involved in the hobby. It is so rewarding in a lot of ways.Happy Holidays.:19: :help: :11: :fish:

little hawaii
12-29-2009, 12:21 AM
This is competition too i think at least for some.

Oscar_freak12321
12-29-2009, 12:24 AM
Welcome to the forum! My name is Ben as well! You are in the right place! If you have any questions, feel free to ask at any time! thumbs2: Welcome aboard!

Northernguy
12-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the Fabulous AC!:22:

rich311k
12-29-2009, 12:30 AM
Welcome to AC!

Cristoff
12-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Welcome to the AC! What part of NORCAL are you in?

Crispy
12-29-2009, 01:39 AM
Welcome to the forum! :22:

kathymac
12-29-2009, 03:47 AM
You are at the right place, You will always get a fast reply here at the AC

mommy1
12-29-2009, 04:00 AM
:wavingyellow: hello and welcome, glad you are here!

lobsternoob
12-29-2009, 04:10 AM
Welcome to the AC! I'm from central/northern Cali too, Pacific Grove. Love yer attitude man, if your willing to learn and recognize you have a lot to learn you're sure to be successful! You'll find a lot of great help here, I've been on other forums too, but by far I find the AC the friendliest and best.

mikeDUDS
12-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Welcome mate, I'm pretty new to keeping aquariums myself. Best of luck!!

Cheers!
Mike

lowlight
12-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Welcome to AC. In the column on the left there is a Free Aquarium Ebook that would be a good start to gain some knowledge. Have fun.

kraqus
12-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks to all for the replies....makes me feel like at home already :ssmile:
I live in San Lorenzo, small city (unincorporated) between San Leandro and Hayward. I took my first trip to the Pet store yesterday, I will comment on that on a different thread. I already started buying some goodies for the Goldfish I currently have but I went there mainly to see and ask some questions.

p.s: Thanks for the Book tip

Thanks !

Benny

Cristoff
12-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Hey Benny, I know right where you are!

I live in Modesto and work in Pleasanton. Tropical Haven in Modesto is a GREAT source for fish, supplies and info if you don't mind a little drive.

Let me know if you need anything!

KingFisher
12-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum! :22:

kraqus
12-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey Benny, I know right where you are!

I live in Modesto and work in Pleasanton. Tropical Haven in Modesto is a GREAT source for fish, supplies and info if you don't mind a little drive.

Let me know if you need anything!

Driving? That is what cars were made of. If you just knew how far I far driven to get some stuff off CL (Craigslist)....LOL!

Totally! I will go check that place out one of these days, as a matter of fact that was going to be another thread of mine (Favorite Pet shops).

They have a website too:
http://www.tropicalhaven.net/

Thanks!

Benny

Bennlfer
12-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Another Ben here!! Welcome and have a great time! :22:

Cristoff
12-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Driving? That is what cars were made of. If you just knew how far I far driven to get some stuff off CL (Craigslist)....LOL!

Totally! I will go check that place out one of these days, as a matter of fact that was going to be another thread of mine (Favorite Pet shops).

They have a website too:
http://www.tropicalhaven.net/

Thanks!

Benny

The website doesn't really do the place justice. It's a great little mom and pop store that Specializes in Fish and Birds almost exclusively. If you have any questions, just ask for Debbie or Bernie - They know their stuff!