PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gift for everyones fish

little hawaii
12-27-2009, 08:49 PM
:scry: I was reading a plant magazine about the medicinal values of Chickweed. You can eat it of make tea with it. The tea is for sore throats and colds and is very mild, boiled it is accually very good - like mild spinach. I blanched some and feed it to my sword tank. Everyone loves to eat it, any herbivouris fish I have love the stuff and it grows like a weed:hmm3grin2orange: . in all our gardens. The reason I thought to post this is because of the ammazeing color improvement in my swords. Flying foxs will fight over control of it. Even fry will pick at it all day long. Enjoy and eat your veggies too, I hope you try it. Only pick in areas that you know have not been sprayed, like organic. I think I will accually plant a small patch this spring.:18: :18:

VoidParadigm
12-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the tip! :19:

annageckos
12-28-2009, 01:36 AM
My guinea pigs love it but I never thought to give it to the fish. Thanks for the idea.

gadget228
12-29-2009, 12:31 AM
Never heard of it before so checked a couple websites that have pictures and think I have seen it growing in my yard before so when the snow is gone and I have to start mowing again I will look at little closer so I won't mow it down... :ssmile:

Thanks for the info.

little hawaii
12-29-2009, 12:51 AM
My guinea pigs love it but I never thought to give it to the fish. Thanks for the idea.

I sure hope you at least tste it, it realy is good. My kids used to ask for it, it had some - look at us we are eatting weeds - fun to it. There are no weeds in my world. :fish2: :fish2: :fish2:

little hawaii
12-29-2009, 12:53 AM
Once you see it you will realize it is all over the place. Especially gardens for some rason and it grows like a weed too.

hpamperedpets
01-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Interesting, who would have thought chickweed could be a "color booster" in fish? Yeah, my little rodents love chickweed.:19: