PDA

View Full Version : Intoducing....

debbie51975
12-26-2009, 08:23 PM
BLUE! The betta...ok, not that original as far as names go. And until I get that cam I THOUGHT my devoted adoring husband, was going to get me...no pics.

Anyway, my 5 yr old got a 3g tank & Blue. EVERY betta we've ever had or have has been named BLUE! thumbs2:

(Better get that cam this week! Think I will. Found a deal on a new computer, my college classes start Jan 19th. I'm HOPING I'll have the cam & computer by then.) *And I saw hubby 'scouting' out the deals today online* Nothing like a little guilt!:18:

Deleted User
12-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Congratulations on little betta Blue! Maybe not a totally original name, but I have an animal nicknamed named Blue, too. Mine's lucky because it's actually p
urple that's my favorite color thumbs2:

Rue
12-26-2009, 08:35 PM
I've always liked 'Blue' as a name. If you want something a wee bit different...there's always 'True'. I know a guy called True...apparently a popular name from the 1960s hippy parents...

...also a good name for a horse (as in Trusty and True :hmm3grin2orange: )...

Deleted User
12-26-2009, 08:39 PM
I've always liked 'Blue' as a name. If you want something a wee bit different...there's always 'True'. I know a guy called True...apparently a popular name from the 1960s hippy parents...

...also a good name for a horse (as in Trusty and True :hmm3grin2orange: )...

That would be what my Blue is (horse). Erica's Big City Blue By U. I named him so I like the name thumbs2:

debbie51975
12-26-2009, 09:16 PM
I only wish I could have a horse! I'm in a small developement. Next to a nature preserve...but no horses:scry:

I'm hoping Blue will be fine with the gravel from my main tank & the water from there. But sometimes I can never tell. I just cannot keep a betta in a jar. The guilt...I know people say they only need a small container, just can't do it.

Deleted User
12-26-2009, 09:19 PM
I think he'll do good. For the water, that doesn't really hold the bacteria, but the gravel holds some and the filter media holds a lot. Unless it's easier to take water from your main tank, you could just get it from the tap (and treat it if you normally do). Bettas are very cool fish :1luvu:

Blackmantis
12-29-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm hoping Blue will be fine with the gravel from my main tank & the water from there. But sometimes I can never tell. I just cannot keep a betta in a jar. The guilt...I know people say they only need a small container, just can't do it.

I don't blame you.

My betta looked dead when he was in the cup that he came in, miserable in the unheated 1 gallon tank I got with him for Christmas, but happy now that he's in a heated 20 gallon tank.

What kind of aquarium do you keep him in? Do you have any other fish in there with him?

souly
12-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Blues better than what I named mine. Fishy. Thats right just plan fishy. When I was younger those little things died on me like crasy, (I was 10 and had no concept of how to keep a fish) Well not like CRAZY but I figured I wouldn't name him and get attached. But this sucker is on his 2 and half year. Bettas are usually very hardy fish, I'm pretty sure it will be fine.