PDA

View Full Version : I'm guilty?

lowlight
12-21-2009, 06:17 AM
I found this article and could relate to it to a certain extent. I got lazy for awhile. I thought others might find this article useful and informative. Much of the advice and suggestions I read on this forum are reinforced in this article. I thought it was interesting.

http://www.bestfish.com/oldtank.html

Lady Hobbs
12-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Good article and good to share with others.

I actually like changing the water so this is one thing I don't slack off on. I might not do the laundry for a month but my fish tanks are always clean.

Deleted User
12-21-2009, 09:59 AM
That is a good article. I can see that in myself when it comes to non-living things... However, like Hobbs, I enjoy the water changes and overall, both H and I really love taking care of animals. Dogs, horses, cats eat before we do, most of our "free time" involves our pets in some kind of way. In time, I may be less interested in the fish (but I doubt it!), but knowing they need PWC's and a nice enviroment and that I'm in charge of that for them is actually part of the appeal to me.

Thanks for sharing the article!!!

Mith
12-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Water changes are something you do when you're not in a hurry. To me it's like mowing the lawn... it's not that I particularily enjoy mowing it, but I love how it looks when I'm done! Same thing with tanks... I love the pristine water and knowing thaht my kids are all fat and happy! thumbs2:

Lab_Rat
12-21-2009, 05:15 PM
That is a good article and something people need to be aware of, especially if they find themselves slacking in water changes. Combating old tank syndrome needs to be done slowly to minimize stressing the fish. As much as I dislike water changes I do them weekly to keep my fish healthy. I'm going to be bumping my 75g up to twice a week when the nitrates start creeping due to bioload.

gadget228
12-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Well I can't say that I like doing water changes, I'm still in bucket mode, bucket the old out then bucket the new in.

I must be part psychic, I see a diy python in my future. :ssmile:

Good article, thanks for pointing it out.