PDA

View Full Version : Planet Earth on Discovery Channel

A1cntrler
04-19-2007, 10:57 PM
So this afternoon I finally got around to watching some of the Planet Earth series on my DVR. The one titled Rivers that follows the journey of rivers from mountains to the sea, they had a short segment on the Rift lakes of Africa, and specefically Malawi. Some cool underwater shots of wild Cichlids,some breeding, as well as them getting eaten at night by some of the predators. Also some South American fish on there too (Piranahs) and a fish called a Dorato (river tiger) which looks to be one mean fish! If you have HD television, you need to see these programs! Phenominal camera work throughout.

Drumachine09
04-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Ive only seen one installment of it, and i love it. I wish i could get it on dvd. I saw the segement on deep sea creatures.

Lady Hobbs
04-20-2007, 12:43 AM
Wouldn't it be great to be William and be able to do deep sea driving like he does? He must see some very spectacular sites.

Drumachine09
04-20-2007, 12:45 AM
Wouldn't it be great to be William and be able to do deep sea driving like he does? He must see some very spectacular sites.

William goes deep sea diving? Dang, i wish i could just go snokeling. Lucky duck.

Chrona
04-20-2007, 12:52 AM
I've gone scuba diving twice in China. Didn't see all that much - some corals, a few fish, and the weight belt was being a real PITA, but it was worth the 500 + time I spent for training ;)

Next trip will definitely be to the Caribbean. It seems the deeper you go down though, the less interesting stuff gets. Just my opinion.

xoolooxunny
04-20-2007, 01:38 AM
I watched the Malawi Chiclid segment, and the whole time I was thinking of you guys!

jeffs99dime
04-20-2007, 02:34 AM
that may be the best nature series i have ever seen.

Drumachine09
04-20-2007, 02:57 AM
that may be the best nature series i have ever seen.

I second that. I hope they make it avalable to buy for DVD, because i WILL buy it. All of the commercials make it look so awesome, its a shame that i have only seen one. I will see if i can DVR the rest if they arent already done with it. Maybe i can catch a couple of reruns, if im lucky (which im not)

cocoa_pleco
04-20-2007, 03:09 AM
i saw a segment on lake malawi and Its freakin awesome. Ive done like 10 book reports on malawi. Really poor country. the average life span is like 39 years for humans, and theres MAJOR poverty