PDA

View Full Version : finally setup my 55g growout tank

Crispy
12-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Well, finally got it done! Used seeded media from my tank and had a ton of spare decor lyin' around for this tank. Added 16 baby fronts, 3 geophagus steindachneri, and 2 black calvus. Tank is in my dad's basement. The bubbles in the pic are just from the new setup.. makes it look a bit cloudy, but it is crystal clear! :fish: Fish seem to be loving their new home!

rich311k
12-13-2009, 01:29 AM
Nice looking setup!

Deleted User
12-13-2009, 01:35 AM
That looks really good!!! And the baby frontosa are SO cute! Great job :19: :19: :19:

Lab_Rat
12-13-2009, 01:45 AM
The fry are looking great Crispy.

wlepse
12-13-2009, 02:07 AM
Looks nice...my wife wanted a house like teh one you have in there but I think the one she wanted has a "water" wheel. Is that one an aerating ornament as well?

sailor
12-13-2009, 02:14 AM
Looooooooooking gooooood.............gotta love those baby frontsthumbs2:

Crispy
12-13-2009, 02:43 AM
Looks nice...my wife wanted a house like teh one you have in there but I think the one she wanted has a "water" wheel. Is that one an aerating ornament as well?

Yes, that house does have a water-wheel that hooks up to an air pump, but I have removed it. Might put it back eventually. That house is very good for a loach/pleco/catfish house. Also a good shelter for small fish! It had some cheesy fake plants sprouting off it which I also removed.

Thanks for the great comments everyone! Much appreciated! :shappy:

I hope the fronts will grow quickly on freeze dried blood worms, omega one kelp flakes, and wardley cichlid flakes. May add some cories or small pleco once the tank is well established for a few months.

I also have another female front holding fry now that I will strip on the 18th. My female's are finally holding full-term on a steady basis!!