PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with bad fish stress?

Niku-M
04-19-2007, 07:28 AM
I'm at loss what to do, my fish are trying to jump out of my tank whenever I get close. :(

kimmers318
04-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Are they only trying to jump when you come near the tank or is this something that happens a lot?
If it is only when you come near they may be jumping in anticipation of food since they have figured out you are the bringer of yummies.

cocoa_pleco
04-19-2007, 01:34 PM
what kind of fish? fish like hatchet fish regularly jump.

Niku-M
04-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Well... they don't just only jump when I get close, when I walk around the room they also do this, basically they are reacting to any disturbance and fly around my tank or jump around. Also, when they are not doing this they hide all the time.

No they are not hatchet fish heh, simple white clouds.

I have just no idea why they've become like this, they were not afraid of ANYTHING when I got them and the first days. Now I have to look for them to even see then in the tank.

SkarloeysMom
05-01-2007, 02:53 AM
I've been trying to figure out what was going on with one of my fish and I read this:

Symptom: Fish trying to jump from the tank.
Possible Cause: External toxin such as pesticides and or household sprays.
Possible Solution: Water change and/or add heavy, new activated carbon filtration.

Don't know if that is at all helpful but thought I'd throw it out there as I just saw it as I was researching.