PDA

View Full Version : Getting my first planted aquarium off to a good start.

henry riggns
12-05-2009, 03:52 PM
hello! My name is henry but most people call me hank.

My first question envolves plant substrates. I really like sand as a substrate, so I am wondering if I can put a plant substrate under the sand for fertilization.

henry riggns
12-05-2009, 03:56 PM
thank you for considering my question looking forward to hearing from you.

henry riggins

hursab
12-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Welcom to AC!

Northernguy
12-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Welcome to the Fabulous AC!
As far as I know its no problem covering one with the other butI think they will get mixed together eventually.
Hopefully one of the mods will move this to the plant section so you can get more responses.

rich311k
12-05-2009, 11:49 PM
You can mix substrates eventually the sand will wind up on the bottom unless you are careful when planting and cleaning.

Welcome to AC!

imongo
03-31-2012, 04:05 AM
Ido not belive it will hurt. You will be better off just using substrate. Don't forget the flourish excel on a regular time fram for your plants . You did not say what kind of lights you have so you my need to do a upgrade on your lights

KingFisher
03-31-2012, 04:09 AM
Ido not belive it will hurt. You will be better off just using substrate. Don't forget the flourish excel on a regular time fram for your plants . You did not say what kind of lights you have so you my need to do a upgrade on your lights
This thread is 3 years old. please pay attention to the dates of the threads you are posting in.