PDA

View Full Version : Display betta magically disapeared....

HorrorShowRot
12-05-2009, 03:25 AM
Saw him yesterday hes in a 20 gallon planted tank with a couple cories and rummy nose tetra. My centerpiece betta Joker. Dissapeared and is not in the tank could they have...devoured him in 8 hoursO.O He will be missed greatly... Got em from thailand was a beatiful specimen.

VoidParadigm
12-05-2009, 03:44 AM
Yep. Could have died, then had the others scavenge in that short of time. I've seen full grown fish dissapear just an hour after I last saw them. Consider how tetras dart towards food when it gets in the tank. Imagine what fresh meat would be like to them.

Sorry to hear about your loss, in any case.

HorrorShowRot
12-05-2009, 03:56 AM
Aw dam. Thanks void he will be missed. Ill post some pictures of em give show em off one last time.

Northernguy
12-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Sorry to hear about your betta!
You did tear the tank apart looking for it,right? lol
I know before I lost mine it was pretty good at hiding.

HorrorShowRot
12-05-2009, 04:08 AM
Yea I removed everything.. Atleast 10+ times I was in a panic looking for him. :11:

Northernguy
12-05-2009, 04:54 AM
Are you gonna get another?

bluebluecow
12-05-2009, 07:07 AM
sorry for the loss, if you hadnt torn the tankapart, I would of sugetsed that, One of mine hid in the built in filter housing

Liz

HorrorShowRot
12-05-2009, 07:23 AM
I have others betas but he was a one of a kind, Never even got him any offspring wich sucks cuz he was gorgeouse. Might just wait a while and see what pans out.

Scrup
12-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Did you check the floor?

I find it highly unlikely that 2 corries and a tetra could eat a whole male betta in 1 night and not leave a trace...

Deleted User
12-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Did you check the floor?

I find it highly unlikely that 2 corries and a tetra could eat a whole male betta in 1 night and not leave a trace...
I agree with this statement. There should be considerable "trace" of a fish the size of a betta in that time frame. Have you checked behind the intakes of the filter, under the lip of it, etc. They can lay so still...

mac
12-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Sounds very fishy. I have had the same thing happen, a Betta vanished like that.

I found that it got stuck in the filter intake, and had been fully sucked through and blended up. Don't know how, but it did.

Have a good full look around the tank, and floor also filter.

There is no way Corys and a few Tetras could do that.

mac