PDA

View Full Version : Think my goldfish might be sick?

dustin0
12-04-2009, 05:50 AM
I dont know if I need to be worrying one of my goldfish is kind of staying towards the bottom and breathing a lot. The water temp is fine and the rest of the fish are doing fine. Ive looked at him and I dont see any noticeable on the fish for anything being wrong. I dont have my water parm now right now but last week they were fine. Is there anything I can look for? It was just today it didnt eat any of the food. Im going to leave the lights off for a day maybe its just stressed out.

Deleted User
12-04-2009, 09:59 AM
When you say the water temp is fine, what is the temp? I notice you have tetras with the goldfish and generally, tetras need warmer water and goldfish need cold water. Warmer water doesn't have as much oxygen and could be stressing your goldfish in other ways as well.

I hope he/she is doing better this morning!

Lady Hobbs
12-04-2009, 11:34 AM
If in doubt, do a water change. Goldfish are messy and need regular water changes of probably 50% weekly. Also make sure he is getting enough oxygen. If your filter is not supplying enough of a cascade effect to stir up water surface, add a bubbler.

dustin0
12-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Maybe it was me over reacting the fish is moving around again. thanks you two :)