PDA

View Full Version : More Fry!!!

AquaQueen
04-17-2007, 04:09 AM
Well I was checking on my Guppy tank this morning and told hubby that one of the females were ready top pop. Well I didn't think it would be that fast. I went and did some things around the house, played with the kids, and did my daily training with the birds, I came back to feed the first two sets of fry we have(because they need to eat a few times a day) and to my surprise there were about 60 more fry... OMG...I am shocked how many there were this time!!!

I will be feeding some to my other fish sooner then I thought. I can't let them get overcrowded. We are breeding them for food but we heard these fish have lots of fry. So we thought we'd try keeping the fry in with the parents and that would make it so there would be survivors but not this many!!! I guess they proved us wrong...lol I also noticed they have lost of hiding places. I will be giving my mother in law and my little brother some fish they wanted for sure now...lol

I was finally able to get some good pictures too where there are so many this time it was easy. Hope ya like them...lil cuties too!:1luvu:

Drumachine09
04-17-2007, 04:13 AM
You have a ton of fry. the most i have ever had was 13, and i had 7 females.

My 10g. community has 3 females, and i noticed thismorning that i have 3 fry now. I am waiting for more.

Drumachine09
04-17-2007, 04:14 AM
Oh, and those pictures are EXACTLY why guppies are AKA the billion fish.

Chrona
04-17-2007, 04:18 AM
Nice! Most fry I had was from the molly - 4. 6 were eaten :(

Drumachine09
04-17-2007, 04:19 AM
Nice! Most fry I had was from the molly - 4. 6 were eaten :(

negative four? cool!

Chrona
04-17-2007, 04:20 AM
negative four? cool!

Should have used a colon :P

AquaQueen
04-17-2007, 04:29 AM
LOL...You both sound like I did I had tried Molly, no luck, then Sword tails went OK but then the babies died, So I tried feeder guppies and they were having like 3-5 babies each. I just recently tried the Fancy Guppies and my god they are insane..she just had about 30 fry and here we are not even barely a month later and she had all these and to top it off I have like four female still getting bigger with their broods on the way....I was not planing on selling/trading any to the LPS, but if this keeps up I may have no choice! Ya want some...lol I am willing to give ya a bag full

Drumachine09
04-17-2007, 04:31 AM
LOL...You both sound like I did I had tried Molly, no luck, then Sword tails went OK but then the babies died, So I tried feeder guppies and they were having like 3-5 babies each. I just recently tried the Fancy Guppies and my god they are insane..she just had about 30 fry and here we are not even barely a month later and she had all these and to top it off I have like four female still getting bigger with their broods on the way....I was not planing on selling/trading any to the LPS, but if this keeps up I may have no choice! Ya want some...lol I am willing to give ya a bag full

Ive always wanted to get a huge rack of filtered 10 gallons and do some selective breeding for fancies, but that would take time/room/money.

AquaQueen
04-17-2007, 04:47 AM
God Yea ...I am happy with what I have...lol I would like to cut back two of my tanks(6 are going at the moment and the crayfish just escaped and died so there's one) but summer is coming and the water bill is going to be sky high when we get the pool up. So no more Ideas I have to be strong...but that does sound cool to breed the really nice colored ones separately...again I gotta stay strong...lol

Drumachine09
04-17-2007, 04:47 AM
God Yea ...I am happy with what I have...lol I would like to cut back two of my tanks(6 are going at the moment and the crayfish just escaped and died so there's one) but summer is coming and the water bill is going to be sky high when we get the pool up. So no more Ideas I have to be strong...but that does sound cool to breed the really nice colored ones separately...again I gotta stay strong...lol

FIGHT IT!!!! lol

Chrona
04-17-2007, 04:54 AM

Luke, I am your father......join me on the Dark side.....

Drumachine09
04-17-2007, 04:56 AM
Luke, I am your father......join me on the Dark side.....

Heh, thats funny. I have always imagined you as darth vader. Except you are the version from Space Balls.

Chrona
04-17-2007, 05:00 AM
Heh, thats funny. I have always imagined you as darth vader. Except you are the version from Space Balls.

Well I guess I need to post a pic soon to set you straight eh? ;)

Drumachine09
04-17-2007, 05:02 AM
Well I guess I need to post a pic soon to set you straight eh? ;)

that would be neat! *laughs crazilly*

AquaQueen
04-17-2007, 01:20 PM
you guys are a trip...lol

tetra11
04-21-2007, 10:56 PM
thats awsome. congrats on the new fry! Im expecting some myself in the next week maybe.thumbs2:

swordtail
08-16-2010, 01:06 AM
haha i love guppies, i have swordtail but have always wanted guppies!