PDA

View Full Version : Extra Aggression?

tori.lock
12-03-2009, 02:06 AM
I've noticed for the past two days my betta's seemed a lot more aggressive than usual. He's always been on the feisty side, but now he seems to be constantly flaring and puffing around his tank angrily. Whenever I approach he's flares at me much more than he used to. Before he'd do a partial flare, then wiggle dance and sit next to me, now he just flares and darts around. He's calmer right now (I'm sitting next to his tank) but he still seems aggravated. A few days ago I noticed a small bubble nest (or what I'm assuming is a bubble nest) but his aggression showed up a few days after the nest. Any ideas, or is it just him protecting his nest?

ISquishWorms
12-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Sounds to me like he is a happy fish if he is building bubble nests and flaring at you. My Siamese Fighter often flares up at me esp. yesterday when I was keeping him away from my new baby cory. It is probably all those water changes you have been doing recently that have put him in a happy mood. Also maybe he knows that he is getting some presents soon in the way of a new filter etc.

Northernguy
12-03-2009, 03:06 PM
I think he is ready and wants a temporary GF to mate with!
He does sound like a cool betta!thumbs2:

tori.lock
12-03-2009, 09:43 PM
I think if he's still all antsy for a girlfriend when I go back home I might get one for him. Good to know his aggression is just for the better.