PDA

View Full Version : A tank mate for Bob

JimTheBetta
12-03-2009, 01:36 AM
My old Betta Jim just passed away, I have now reset the tank for our new betta Bob. I would like some ideas for tank mates for Bob that will get along with him. I would prefer a pleco but I don't even think a clown pleco would work in a 10 gallon tank. Corys didnt work with Jim, but i might give them a try. Been a while since i tried this so was hoping for some new ideas, or refreshing my memory of old ones ;)

bluebluecow
12-03-2009, 01:44 AM
the smallest plec I have had, and is in my mum little tank now is a pitbull plec, it grow to about 2 inch long, very fat lol, and they also bury them selves in sand.

Liz

rich311k
12-03-2009, 01:54 AM
I have ember tetras in with mine. No pleco will work in a ten gallon tank.

Oscar_freak12321
12-03-2009, 02:46 AM
Zebra danios or some white clouds could look good with Bob. Also neons and cardinals could look good in there.

tori.lock
12-03-2009, 03:57 AM
Aren't white clouds cold water?

Zebra danios or some white clouds could look good with Bob. Also neons and cardinals could look good in there.

Betta go with a surprisingly high amount of fish, depending on the betta. Some can go with almost anything that wont nip its fins, other can't even be housed with a snail. I'd try cories, but I just love them a little too much. Bob, 6 cories (or 10 pygmy cories) would be a fun little 10g I think. I'd stay away from plecos, but that's purely personal choice (unless you can't find one that fits in a 10g). They're rather sluggish and shy from what I hear. Cories are sort of cute, social plecos. Not sure if you could get away with Bob, cories /and/ a mid-water schooler.

EDIT: If you have a problem introducing fish to the tank witht he betta try removing him, rearranging it, adding the new fish, then the betta. If he's territorial it oculd reduce the problems of him attacking the "invaders."

Oscar_freak12321
12-03-2009, 03:59 AM
tori.lock- They are indeed, but they can do well in warmer tanks.

tori.lock
12-03-2009, 05:35 AM
Good to know. I was considering getting them when I wanted a 10g but was told it would have to be a cold tank.

tori.lock- They are indeed, but they can do well in warmer tanks.

souly
12-13-2009, 01:17 AM
sorry for the neco on the thread but, I myself have an African Dwarf Frog in my 10g with my Beta.