PDA

View Full Version : Aquatic Frogs

octoxpuss
11-29-2009, 02:20 AM
Due to drastic action i ended up with 2 aquarium frogs. Can anyone teach me everything about their care. :shappy:
1 albino clawed african 4 in.
1 dwarf african 3 in.

smaug
11-29-2009, 03:50 AM
a 3" dwarf?I do believe thats a full size african.Dwarves are only about the size of a 50cent piece.They will like to be fed small live worms and frozen bloodworms,they may eat shrimp pellets but mine wont touch them.Make sure they can swim to the surface for air unimpeeded,They prefer plants and other things to hide in.Small fish will be eaten of they can catch them,they may fight with one another keep an eye on it.Mkae sure they cannot escape,it isnt something they will try hard to do but they can.

dancethenparty
11-29-2009, 05:18 AM
a good way to determine if you either have an african dwarf frog or african frog is that the african frog will not have webbed feet while the african dwarf frog will.

morgangallow
11-29-2009, 07:02 AM
african clawed frogs get pretty big, if your other is a dwarf i'm sure he'll be eaten.

VoidParadigm
11-29-2009, 02:58 PM
There is no way the three inch frog is a dwarf. I've never seen them exceed an inch for the body.

Do you have any fish in with them? If they're clawed africans then they will eat whatever they can catch and/or whatever can fit in their mouths. Females will look grotesquely huge around the middle when mature.

Most I've met aren't picking with their diet as long as they get worms or brine shrimp a few times a week.

What kind of filtration is on the tank? Have too much (even what you don't think is too much) and they'll feel like a sandblaster is hitting them their entire lives. Still water is preferred, but most people don't like to do a 80-90% waterchange a day, especially in tanks with fish.

octoxpuss
11-29-2009, 07:39 PM
sorry i meant albino african frog and true african frog. IDK where i got dwarf from ha.

VoidParadigm
11-30-2009, 03:53 AM
Same frog then, just different coloring. =] Just need the one caresheet. Woot.

Aydreean
01-24-2010, 04:40 AM
the african clawed frog is also a lot larger. Their body can get up to 4 inches I hear.

octoxpuss
01-24-2010, 04:46 AM
Ha. Talk about an old thread. hahahahahahaha. this is like over 2 months old. Thanks for answerin tho.