PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with Female Gourami

Paul Orange
04-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi,
I wonder if anyone has any suggestions to help with me with this problem?
Had a pair of dwarf gouramis, they started the mating process then male died on me. Female looks like she's full of eggs so got a new male a few days ago but he's not showing much interest and she's now def not her normal self as not moving round the tank much at all.

How long can she kep the eggs for if the new male doesn't get his act together? Is this going to give her any problems or will she just pass them anyway if he doesn't want to know.

Worried about her health opposed to loosing out on fry.

Any suggestions most appreciated.

Paul

Drumachine09
04-15-2007, 07:04 PM
The male needs to make a bubble nest so she can deposit her eggs on it.

Paul Orange
04-15-2007, 08:01 PM
So will she be ok holding the eggs till he gets his bum in gear and builds the nest then?

Drumachine09
04-15-2007, 10:13 PM
So will she be ok holding the eggs till he gets his bum in gear and builds the nest then?

i dont have any experiance with breeding gouramis, so i am not sure. I think abbeys_mom did a while ago, so i would ask her.

Abbeys_Mom
04-17-2007, 09:23 PM
As far as I know, the female will reabsorb the eggs if she is not mated. They will get around to mating, if they are compatible, in a few weeks. Make sure you have something for the male to build his nest will. Unlike Bettas, they need more then bubbles.