PDA

View Full Version : RTS with Gourami's?

Braccus
11-17-2009, 07:04 PM
I've seen it mentioned that these are compatible on other sites. Is it true?

Gunzak
11-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Real Time Strategy with Gouramis? I think it depends on the species. I just learned that some are more aggressive than others.

(what is rts? (blush) )

Braccus
11-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Red Tailed Shark :doh:

rangur1
11-26-2009, 04:43 AM
those 2 should not conflict because red tail sharks hang towards the bottom and gouramis tend to loiter around the surface. if your tank is a 30 gal long or bigger you should be fine.

mac
11-26-2009, 05:22 AM
Really there is not to much of confection with Gouramis. But mind you IME and IME most gouramis tend to not just hang around the top like some say, but go all levels most of the time.

IMOE a 30g long is way to small for a shark. Hence why IMO and IME they get so aggressive. Not enough space for them. I would and this is the minimum get a 50 long, and have a good bunch of caves logs and plant the heavily so the shark can hide and set up turf. Lessoning the aggression.

mac

Northernguy
11-26-2009, 05:47 AM
I have a blue gourami that hangs around the top and a gold that loves the cave on the bottom.
I would worry about the blue with a shark.The gold is a mean bugger.
The shark may bully the gourami.It also depends on the size of the tank.

Neon
11-26-2009, 10:35 AM
" Search Results: The Dwarf Gourami should be kept in groups of 3 or more and is not compatible with the Red Tailed Shark " http://www.tropicalfishandaquariums.com/Compatibility/MatchResults.php

mac
11-26-2009, 08:41 PM
" Search Results: The Dwarf Gourami should be kept in groups of 3 or more and is not compatible with the Red Tailed Shark " http://www.tropicalfishandaquariums.com/Compatibility/MatchResults.php

For me I am very nervous about having more than 1 Dwarf Gourami in any tank unless it is quite large, or they are female only. More of a 4ft tank of 75g or so. And heavily panted.

Reason is if you have a male female ratio it will end up getting nasty with the females. Even with more females to males, I have always found the male will still go for all of the females with the same vigor as one female.

Now I know this sound quite daming to the male an it is. But some males are more placid than other. It all depends on the fish. But always be for warned about it. I am yet to find or see a nice Dwarf Gourami male.

mac