PDA

View Full Version : My weird dancing Tiger Barb Fish

Rachael
11-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Im wondering if someone could help please.....over the past few days two of my tiger barb fish have been acting very strangly they kinda dance around upside down with their tales in the air as if they are dancing. They aren't dying as they got back to normal from this strange act when being feed or when the tank light is being turned off. :help:

Its quite disturbing to see and need to know what is going off. Does anyone have any answers please help.

Many Thanks. xxx

rich311k
11-17-2009, 02:10 PM
They are either mating or two males sparing with each other. Nothing to worry about.

Rachael
11-17-2009, 02:20 PM
the two fish aren't dancing together or anything they are doing it at different times....it looks really freaky Ive never seen anything like it....

fins_n_fur
11-17-2009, 02:21 PM
How many tiger barbs do you have and in what size tank? I'm thinking it's just part of their behaviour.

Deleted User
11-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Is there any chance instead of mating behavior, it could be "shimmy"? I was reading about that fish disease the other day, but have not seen it myself. I think to fix that, they said to add a little (small amount) of salt, but I could be mistaken.

Aydreean
01-24-2010, 04:16 AM
I notice something similar to this with my tiger barbs. They aren't really dancing they just seem to hover with their head towards the gravel and their tails towards the surface. They will just sit like this until another barb comes and picks on them and then they start swimming together.