PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about Rasboras?

kenyth
04-13-2007, 06:46 PM
I just got a pretty Brilliant Rasbora for the tank (a bright yellow stripe down the middle and a red tail). A three inch at full size. He seems a touch more agressive than I had anticipated with the Danio's. Are these fish generally pretty docile? I was under the impression they were as gentle as most Tetra's.

Fishguy2727
04-13-2007, 07:46 PM
I never notice any issues with the ones at work. There are always exceptions, that one neon that chases the rest, the cory that won't let the other cories in his corner of the tank, etc.

jeffs99dime
04-13-2007, 09:54 PM
I never notice any issues with the ones at work. There are always exceptions, that one neon that chases the rest, the cory that won't let the other cories in his corner of the tank, etc.

exactly. there is no "perfect" combination. aggression is always a possibility with any fish.

Lady Hobbs
04-13-2007, 10:35 PM
I wonder if he is trying to get into their little pack. Rasbora's are schooling fish and like several of their own kind. I have the red tailed (8) and I like them a lot. Hardly little guys and very active. I see my long tailed danio's swimming with them on occassion.

I think if you had more they'd stick to themselves and leave the danio's alone.