PDA

View Full Version : Betta Rescue!

tori.lock
11-14-2009, 10:04 AM
So, my friend got a betta the same time I got Moose, unfortunately his housing conditions were deplorable. Tiny little bowl, no heater, no filter, never had the water changed, and even had mold growing on the lid. So what do I do? I make my roommate help me steal it and make it a new, yet temporary home. We don't have a heater or filter, and no money to afford one, so we're going to try and rehome him. At the moment he's living in a pretty substantial tub about 18"x12"x8". He has some small plants, black sand and a two coconut parts and a mug to hide in. I'll post pics once the water isn't so cloudy from the sand, and I'll keep you updated on finding him a new home. If any of you would like to give him a home, or know of someone who can, and can do a pick up in the Monterey Bay area, let me know.

VoidParadigm
11-14-2009, 04:32 PM
rofl. You stole a betta?! Haha. Blackmarket fish tradings. Awesome. :lol: :rofl: (Do wish I could take him though! :scry:)

Wild Turkey
11-14-2009, 04:42 PM
You are going to want to monitor the parameters of the tub specifically ammonia or this rescue could turn into something much the opposite. Any BB the betta had in the bowl is now gone so the ammonia is going to rise even in a large tank.

Sorry im close enough or I would let it borrow one of my established tanks

tori.lock
11-14-2009, 09:06 PM
I still have the gravel that was in the bowl with it. Should I throw that in there to get some bacteria going in the tank?

tori.lock
11-15-2009, 03:37 AM
Unfortunately we lost him. The unestablished tank was too much for him. I worried about it, but my roommate and I got over eager to get him out of that filthy bowl. I transferred my betta no problem into an unestablished tank, but I think this fish was already too stressed and it was too much on his system. I hadn't make a mistake yet... it would bound to happen.