View Full Version : clown loach pics

kimmers318
04-13-2007, 09:52 AM
The clown loaches enjoying some krill....yummmmm
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/kimmers318/loaches/clowngroup1-1.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/kimmers318/loaches/clowngroup-1.jpg

crackatinny
04-13-2007, 09:56 AM
I love these guys, we have 2, and they never cease to amaze me, ours are only about 3inch, how big are your's, normally they lay on there side near a log and sleep, but 1 of ours will do this in the middle of the tank, he aint shy.

kimmers318
04-13-2007, 11:34 AM
One is only about 2", the other 3 are probably 3-3 1/2", but with the deeper bodies the size difference is so much more noticeable.

crackatinny
04-13-2007, 11:56 AM
One is only about 2", the other 3 are probably 3-3 1/2", but with the deeper bodies the size difference is so much more noticeable.

Got to agree with the body deepness bit, as ours must be about the same age, and one is a little smaller, after owning these, due to there growing size, in a few weeks they will be introcuced into there proper home (our 120G), but we already have 2 yoyo loaches growing a bit in our 5 gal to replace them.

Loaches are really one of the most fascinating fish to watch, and one of the most overlooked. And anybody with a reasonable sized tank would find a variety to suit.

kimmers318
04-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Oh without a doubt, loaches are way cool. I just wish I could keep some with my puffers:18: . I have kuhli loaches also that have been MIA since I moved them into the bigger tank to open a tank up for Shamus so this weekend another planned "thing to do" is to get something going as a powerhead in the tank for them. They always loved surfing thru the current from the internal filter in the other tank.

xoolooxunny
04-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Oh without a doubt, loaches are way cool. I just wish I could keep some with my puffers:18: . I have kuhli loaches also that have been MIA since I moved them into the bigger tank to open a tank up for Shamus so this weekend another planned "thing to do" is to get something going as a powerhead in the tank for them. They always loved surfing thru the current from the internal filter in the other tank.

How many khulie loaches do you have? I had one, barely ever saw him, then got two more for added snail patrol (and in hopes i'd see them more) and now i can always find them in my 75g. sometimes ill see one snoozin on the stems of a plants, or eating during the day. love the little guys!

kimmers318
04-16-2007, 02:58 AM
I have 4, and I see them regularly, but not like I used to when there was a current for them to play in. The tank they were originally in had an internal fluval filter so the current back into the tank was like a powerhead flow. The larger tank has a magnum canister/biowheel set up and the flow back in is quite different.