PDA

View Full Version : My fiddler crab isn't eating! ):

nickiiyumyum
11-11-2009, 07:32 AM
I'm starting to worry!He recently recived an injury to his eye from a tragic fall, is he not eating from stress because of this? I just got him yesterday though, is it because he is not yet use to his surroundings? I put an algea disk into his tank and also some fish food, but he only seems interested in trying to escape ):Is there anything I can do? Is there something in particular I should give him?PLEASE HELP!!!

labnjab
11-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Fiddlers need a dry spot and brackish water. I had some for a few months when I first started the hobby, not knowing they needed land and they usually eat left overs from what you feed your fish as well as algae. The ones we had didn't always appear to eat anything, yet they were always moving their claw to their mouth so they were eating something

Northernguy
11-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Give it time to get accustomed to its surroundings.
Its probably stressed from the injury.
How is the tank set up?
Can you post a pic of the tank?

I realize you are worried about your crab but only one thread is needed.Give it time to get an answer.We are fast around here but its a forum not a chat line! lol

nickiiyumyum
11-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Lol sorry if there is more than one, I'm using my mobile web so I wasn't sure if it was working, but I have him in a 5 gallon tank with a gravel land spot sloping down to the water, which I made brackish yesterday, there is a small plastic plant he seems to enjoy being around, so I put the algea disk close to it..I would upload a pictures but there isn't an option on here that I can see with my phone