PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions about tiger barbs!

EmmanuelJB
11-09-2009, 10:34 PM
1. The Closest pet store to me is 3 hours away. I am wondering if tiger barbs in a small bag for 3 hours will cause them to get nasty and rip apart each others fins before they even get home? What do you think?

2. Does it matter the male female ratio of tiger barbs? Can petstores tell the difference?

3. What are some things to look for to get healthy tiger barbs? Is it better to get them small or big?

Thanks!

Northernguy
11-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Try and get them to put 2 in each bag.Tell them its a 4hour trip.
Bring a small cooler to put the bags in.
Try and get more females than males.
Look for nice color,No ich spots or torn fins.
Make sure they are all active.
Make sure there are no dead fish in their tank.

EmmanuelJB
11-09-2009, 10:43 PM
They usaully have smaller one in one aquarium and bigger ones in the other. Which size is best to get?

Deleted User
11-09-2009, 10:56 PM
If I were choosing, I'd pick the bigger ones. They're usually more mature and less fragile.

The cooler is the best thing to take, as already stated. If you can put some kind of boxes or dividers, or something to keep the bags from tipping over, that would be good, too.

gm72
11-10-2009, 12:33 AM
I can't think of anything else to add to the already outstanding advice provided.

smaug
11-10-2009, 12:38 AM
When fish are in the bag they are not really in there "normal"mode.I have never had even aggressive fish bother each other when in transit.Just make sure its a big bag fo a long trip.They are too busy getting sloshed around to worry about beating on each other.

cfgsteak
11-10-2009, 06:16 PM
The males will have redder noses/faces, the females will have much paler faces.

Tiger barbs are really fun fish to observe, I love mine.