PDA

View Full Version : Heater Question- DIY heater attachment

SkyBaby
11-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi folks!

I have this heater by aqueon I think is the brand. The suction cup thingie was really flimsy and weak. The part I put the heater in broke. I still have the suction cups in one piece, but the hooks that the heater slides in and out of have broken off. This heater was like $30. Is there anyway I can safely attach it to the tank? It's one of those 3 gallon plastic critter keepers. It's a 50 watt, but I've been monitoring it closely and it doesn't over heat my tank. Is there anywhere I can go buy an extra part for it if there's no way I can safely attach it to my tank myself?

rich311k
11-09-2009, 06:04 PM
You can buy replacement clips and suction cups. I know Dr Foster and Smith sell them.

Crispy
11-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Many established LFS' have various parts lying around for dirt cheap. You might be able to find something.

SkyBaby
11-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Many established LFS' have various parts lying around for dirt cheap. You might be able to find something.

I'll try that. Only problem is, there are no LFSs in town or within an hour away. I've never been to the ones in the next city over. I'll have to call them and see before I go driving all over.

You can buy replacement clips and suction cups. I know Dr Foster and Smith sell them.

I think I'll order some from them. Thanks!

Northernguy
11-09-2009, 09:47 PM
A coat hanger gently wrapped around it and folded over the back will hold it until you get some clips.