View Full Version : frontosa fry 1 wk. old

hybridguy
11-08-2009, 03:53 AM
Here are my 1 wk. fry. they have almost doubled in size.thumbs2:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/rancalmik/025-2.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/rancalmik/003-1.jpg

VoidParadigm
11-08-2009, 04:01 AM
Cute little things. Just how small are they at that size, anyways?

hybridguy
11-08-2009, 04:03 AM
Cute little things. Just how small are they at that size, anyways?

1/2" at best. thumbs2:

VoidParadigm
11-08-2009, 04:11 AM
Whoa, tiny! :lol: They don't look smaller than an inch in the photo. Good luck raising them. :22:

hybridguy
11-08-2009, 04:14 AM
Whoa, tiny! :lol: They don't look smaller than an inch in the photo. Good luck raising them. :22:

thanks, i will post pics every couple weeks, they grow very fast.:gotpics:

HomaridNoob6
11-08-2009, 07:27 AM
good looking fry, for being that young they don't seem tiny to me, course I am used to fry from smaller fish. Whenever any of my larger cichlids breed they never make it past 1 day or so. Livebearer fry usually hang around for a week or two until the last one gets eaten. i guess they would make it a bit longer if I didn't just consider them live food, but not interested in breeding ATM. Good job though, if I had Fronts I would be interested in breeding, high demand, and hard to find in some places.

hybridguy
11-08-2009, 02:13 PM
good looking fry, for being that young they don't seem tiny to me, course I am used to fry from smaller fish. Whenever any of my larger cichlids breed they never make it past 1 day or so. Livebearer fry usually hang around for a week or two until the last one gets eaten. i guess they would make it a bit longer if I didn't just consider them live food, but not interested in breeding ATM. Good job though, if I had Fronts I would be interested in breeding, high demand, and hard to find in some places.

Yea i always keep the front fry, they are good for trade value at fish store. I also sale them by running a craiglist add.thumbs2: