PDA

View Full Version : Put Some of My Bettas In A Divided Tank

Deleted User
11-06-2009, 12:44 AM
We're in the process of trying to close down the smaller tanks and move towards bigger tanks. At first, we didn't know how much we'd like keeping fish and how many different types we'd want to keep. Now that we have a better idea of what we like, we're changing things around.

We had multiple smaller tanks with bettas or with bettas, platies and corys. I've consolidated the tropicals into a bigger tank for them, and closed down our two Eclipse systems (hate them). They'll stick around for QT tanks, but not in current use. I took the bettas from them and from what had been a 10g community (other fish moved to bigger tank) and divided it 3 ways. It's not a huge amount of room, but it's about 30% bigger than our bettas in the 2.5g mini bows have (they move tomorrow or Saturday when the other dividers arrive).

It's working really well. The bettas are not trying to fight through the dividers, they each have a selection of nice plants, and look beautiful actually in the divided tank!

Once we finish our rearranging, they will probably move from 2 divided 10g tanks to 2 divided 20g tanks, but for now, all is well and nice to look at... and a few less little tanks for me to have to clean and mess with. Those little ones are the pitas... but you don't realize that when you are first starting out into fish! Live and learn.

Northernguy
11-06-2009, 12:50 AM
LOL When is the addition for a new fish room coming?:hmm3grin2orange:

Looking forward to some pics!

VoidParadigm
11-06-2009, 02:08 AM
:worthless:
But agreed, those little tanks can be pitas. Whenever I have a larger tank (or the past few years a pond) set up I like to have a 5 gallon or smaller just as a cute little tank that needs just a little extra care to stay stabilized. Without bigger tanks/ponds I absolutely can't stand the small ones.

Video would be nice too, btw. ;)