PDA

View Full Version : well, my pump burned up today

hybridguy
11-03-2009, 11:19 PM
I got home today only to see smoke coming out of my skimmer, well turns out the pump that i bought last year in november has burned up, i dont have 500 dollars to replace it, anyone know of an online place to get a good deal on a pump?:help:

smaug
11-03-2009, 11:39 PM
What happened with the skimmer that allowed it to run dry?Did the water level drop below the weir?Anyway,I got my 3200 gph for just under 200 bucks from this place.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/11734/product.web
I have a 2500 gph tetra that wasnt used for even a month if you are interested pm me.

Scrup
11-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Got my 1500GPH pump for $60 at kensfish.

cant tell you how reliable it is in the long run yet, but it did pump water for 20 minuets!

hybridguy
11-04-2009, 03:13 AM
What happened with the skimmer that allowed it to run dry?Did the water level drop below the weir?Anyway,I got my 3200 gph for just under 200 bucks from this place.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/11734/product.web
I have a 2500 gph tetra that wasnt used for even a month if you are interested pm me.

No problem with the water level, i dont know what happened this time, the pump was completely submerged when i found it, water levels were fine.Well after doing some research i found a 5200 gph cal pump for 169.00 on clearance sale.It cost 2 dollars to ship, and it will be here no later than Sat. i just hope my fish make it that long.thumbs2:

Discus_Dude
11-05-2009, 10:57 PM
it will be here no later than Sat. i just hope my fish make it that long.thumbs2:

Do you have an extra air pump laying around to aerate the water? That would be my only concern until your pump arrives.

Best of luck!

smaug
11-05-2009, 11:51 PM
The fish will be fine til sat.Its a large enough pond to take a lack of water movement for a few days.Aeration is not a problem with large ponds in cooler temps.If this were summer and it was always at 80 deg daytime then it would be a problem.
as for the pump failing,,,this has happened before?It may be time to take the plunge and get a quality pump next time.Consider a solids handling pump of 5000 gph plus capacity.It wont be cheap but it will last for many years more then the cheaper pumps.