PDA

View Full Version : I really need to find these!

Amazon
11-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Does anyone have any idea where I can buy beadlet anemones? my lfs can get them but im sure it would be very expensive. there is this one ad on Ebay UK, but i live in the US. These are one of the most common anemones worldwide yet i cant find them:scry: I am also looking for any other temperate water marine stuff.

Amazon
11-02-2009, 01:02 AM
please anyone. RLS is getting me

RLS (Rare livestock syndrome)

krystalsohun
11-02-2009, 09:45 PM
I did some searching and cant find them either sorry. but i did find this on reefcorals.com

"Recently, on internet auction sites, there has been a profusion of beedlet and snakelock anemones for sale. These are unsuitable for the reef aquarium, beadlet anemones are from the coastline around Britain. They can be acclimated to reeftank conditions, but reproduce at a high rate and soon reach plague proportions."

maybe thats why you cant find them cuz they take over and no one wants them lol

Amazon
11-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Thats the ebay post i was talking about, the same guy sells them on ebay but he is in the UK:scry:

saix88
11-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Well that reason alone should make you not want them unless you wanted an anemone only tank...they would sting your fish and corals.

I thought these were illegal or is that collection in certain areas?

Amazon
11-03-2009, 02:35 AM
Beadlet anemones do not have powerful stings, also this is a temperate water tank therefore no coral will be used. It is not illegal to have them where I am, they dont live anywhwhere in my area, and one of the main tasks i want them to do is breed. Its going to mimic the natural environment therefore breeding is something i want them to do because thats what they do in the wild. My way of keeping aquariums is differant from most. I base my filtration,lighting, and everything else off of the natural ecosystem.
If you look at the way creatures in natural ecosystems interact to keep an ecosystem running it gives you a great idea of how the food chain and natural filtration systems work.

For example, in a tidepool macroalgaes consume nitrate, therefore i will put macroalgaes in the sump. That is why people use chaetomorpha algae in their reef sumps. Also, live rock in the oceans provide a home for helpful bacteria to help with biological filtration, that is why reefers use live rock instead of normal rocks. Thats what I do for my tanks and they are all doing fine. That is also why i cant stand blue and pink gravel.:hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry for writing a book but i got bored.