PDA

View Full Version : Moose's New Home

tori.lock
10-29-2009, 12:00 AM
The tank is finally here! I'll have to run to the store tomorrow to pick up some more gravel and some decor, depending on the cost. I really want to look around for some driftwood I could use, or some rocks. I'll probably get him another plant or two as well. I'm so happy with the tank, though. On the site I ordered it from it was used, but "like new." When i saw the box I was worried because it looked pretty banged up, but it really is like new. I honestly don't think that it was ever used. Brand new everything, and the tank doesn't have a scratch. I'll post pics as soon as I get it set up.

Northernguy
10-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Sounds great!
Can you also post the size of the tank?thumbs2:

Twe3k
10-29-2009, 12:42 AM
and post some pictures:)

rich311k
10-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Sounds like a nice pickup. I look forward to pictures.

tori.lock
10-29-2009, 04:18 AM
It's just a little 3g Eclipse. I really want to put him in there tonight, but like I said, I need to get substrate, as the amount I have wont cut it, and some driftwood and/or rocks. Hopefully that will tomorrow, if not Friday. As soon as it's set up I'll definitely put up pictures. I doubt anyone would be excited about an empty 3g tank.

tori.lock
11-01-2009, 05:17 AM
Well, good news and worse news. The good news is that I finally got Moose released into his new palace, and it looks great. As far as aesthetics, I couldn't be happier, although I do want to get some java moss, some tall background plants and possibly a bit of ground cover plants. I wish the roots I got him were real, but I couldn't find any affordable ones that were small enough for my tank, and I think it looks satisfactory, especially once I get some moss to cover it. Already Moose is strutting around like he owns the place, which naturally he does.

Worse news... the filter wont go. It's a brand new tank (although I bought it off someone "used" so it was really cheap) and I set it up exactly how it told me to, but the filter just isn't doing a thing. No noise, nothing. I'm going to contact the seller of the product, and the company to see if they have any advice on how to fix it. If any of you have any clue, let me know.

Now the best part... pics!

iZinedane
11-01-2009, 06:15 AM
Congrats on the new tank! i really like it! thumbs2:

Rue
11-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Nice! Hope you get the filter up and running.

octoxpuss
11-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Well if it is a 3 gallon eclipse i had a prob with the filter as well when i had one all i did was take everthing out of the filter and they i would run it in the sink with it filled with water and eventully all the debrie that got stuck inside would come out. They are famous for getting they little debrie stuck inside where they thing is. So if that helps

tori.lock
11-01-2009, 07:35 PM
I can't imagine what would be stuck in it, considering it's new. I've taken out the intake tube, and the impeller, and put it all back together several times now. Anything else I can try to take apart beyond that?

Well if it is a 3 gallon eclipse i had a prob with the filter as well when i had one all i did was take everthing out of the filter and they i would run it in the sink with it filled with water and eventully all the debrie that got stuck inside would come out. They are famous for getting they little debrie stuck inside where they thing is. So if that helps

Pele
11-01-2009, 09:57 PM
if its powered by an air pump, maybe somethings wrong with that

tori.lock
11-02-2009, 04:39 AM
I'm not sure what powers it. I've asked in the technical board, so hopefully something useful will come from there.

if its powered by an air pump, maybe somethings wrong with that