PDA

View Full Version : Why doesnt my betta stop making a bubble nest. Any ideas

octoxpuss
10-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Well my betta has been making a bubble nest constant for 2 months. As i remove he rebuilds how can i make it stop already

Northernguy
10-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Maybe its a hobby!
He is definately wanting some female company!lol
Try another tank with some females.Do not add them to the males tank.
Read up on breeding bettas.You may have success!

octoxpuss
10-26-2009, 07:56 PM
That is it really isnt my tank it is my grandparents and they dont want to. All they ask is why it wont stop so i am asking u. Well it is a 2 gallon tank with no heater it will have a heater soon. Any ideas on how to make it stop

Sharon
10-26-2009, 08:11 PM
It's just instinct...why do you feel you need it to stop?....:sconfused:

Lolita
10-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Why do you want to make it stop? Bubble nests don't do any harm. It's just something betta do. Personally if i had a betta I would love to see him building bubble nests all the time!

Lab_Rat
10-26-2009, 09:49 PM
He's making a nest so he can breed. Like the others question, why do you want him to stop? It's natural and shows he's happy.

octoxpuss
10-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah well as stated it is my grandparents and it is creating a film over the top of the tank and the filter is getting gummed up and they honestly think it looks nasty. i would try to breed but i cant so yeah i just want to know if there are any ways to stop it. I got gerbil tonight so i have been playing with them. My aunt gave me a male and female :D to bad my mom thinks they are both female.

sheamurai
10-27-2009, 02:24 AM
The only thing I can think of that might discourage him is to move the filter (if you can) to change the water flow on the surface of the water.
He's happy and keeping himself busy, it would be a shame to keep him from building ALL the time...maybe you can let him build on weekends, lol...

octoxpuss
10-27-2009, 05:42 PM
I told my grandparents to let him and get him a female and then have them spawn and just scoop all the eggs out. And then i will take the eggs just put them in a bag iwth the same water. Ugh, they just say NO and really want to make it stop so i will tell them the filter trick. HA.

Lolita
10-27-2009, 06:13 PM
It's not a good idea to just throw a female in anyway. Breeding Betta is tricky business.

Honestly if your grandparents hate it that much, maybe they shouldn't keep a betta...

VoidParadigm
10-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Just tell them that when a betta is making a bubblenest he's exceptionally happy. If they don't want their fish happy then that's their business. =\