PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish with odd growth?

Lady Hobbs
04-09-2007, 06:56 PM
This is a picture of a 5 month old wild scalare that has already grown to the size of my adults as all my juvie's wilds have. The domestics haven't had the growth surge to this extent but still getting pretty large.

However, this angel has had this odd growth sticking from it's gill for months. He seems fine but have you seen this before and what could it be?

Thanks

cocoa_pleco
04-09-2007, 07:19 PM
if its been there for a while and hasnt changed, i doubt theres any harm.

I used to have a wild scalare with my domestics. The wild one seemed to want to mind his own business alot

Lady Hobbs
04-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Really. My wilds are my most aggressive but also the biggest. They like to boss the domestics around some and now are actually getting into it with one another.....at the ripe old age of 5 months. They are funny, tho, and really acting tough.

cocoa_pleco
04-10-2007, 12:38 AM
Mine was shy too. He just stayed at the back of the tank and didnt want to be social. He was larger than my domestic, but still didnt fight.

Lady Hobbs
04-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Update: After months of having this lump, just today I noticed his other gill is getting the same thing. How odd.

I've been reading that angels can get a thyroid condition that causes lumps on their gills. I just wonder.........