PDA

View Full Version : Artemis is dying.. I'm so worried and sad. :(

SkyBaby
10-25-2009, 08:05 PM
I need help please. I got him out of the planted 12 gallon. Right now, he's in a 2.5 mini bow with fresh water. I added some mopani after weeks of soaking, but it still stained my water very dark. I'm gonna take it out and use it in my hermit crab tank when it dries. I don't know what to do for my poor Artemis. :( He's my pink dalmation vt. I just looked at him. He's pine coning. What did I do wrong? My parameters are fine. I don't know what's happening. :( It looks like he's got dropsy. He's bloated too. I'm fasting him but don't have any peas right now. I'm about to run to the store to get some for him. I added some aquarium salt hoping that will help him a bit. I really don't wanna lose him. :(

William
10-25-2009, 08:35 PM
It does indeed sound like dropsy. You will neeed to visit the LFS and buy meds. Hard to say if he makes it. Depends on how bad his shape is allready.

Deleted User
10-25-2009, 08:48 PM
I hope he will be okay!!!

SkyBaby
10-25-2009, 08:50 PM
It does indeed sound like dropsy. You will neeed to visit the LFS and buy meds. Hard to say if he makes it. Depends on how bad his shape is allready.

It's sunday. No one is open. >.< What kind of meds should I get tomorrow if he's still hanging in there? I don't have a lfs. i have a lps in town that is horrible with its fish but it does have meds. The nearest lfs is an hour away. :(

SkyBaby
10-25-2009, 08:50 PM
I hope he will be okay!!!

Thanks me too. :(

Deleted User
10-25-2009, 09:13 PM
It's sunday. No one is open. >.< What kind of meds should I get tomorrow if he's still hanging in there? I don't have a lfs. i have a lps in town that is horrible with its fish but it does have meds. The nearest lfs is an hour away. :(
Is there a Walmart near you? They have a selection of fish meds and might have what you need.

SkyBaby
10-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Is there a Walmart near you? They have a selection of fish meds and might have what you need.

The nearest walmart is 45 minutes away. My husband gets paid in 5 days so I'll do it tomorrow if Artemis is still hanging in there. Which meds specifically?

Deleted User
10-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Which meds specifically?
I don't actually know, but hopefully someone else here will and will chime in.

Sharon
10-25-2009, 11:43 PM
There's really not much at WalMart. I'm not sure what to recommend... but I did use an Epsom Salt bath for one of mine. It did seem to help temporarily...

Here's a link that you may find helpful....

http://www.petfish.net/articles/Bettas/constipation.php

SkyBaby
10-26-2009, 12:13 AM
There's really not much at WalMart. I'm not sure what to recommend... but I did use an Epsom Salt bath for one of mine. It did seem to help temporarily...

Here's a link that you may find helpful....

http://www.petfish.net/articles/Bettas/constipation.php

Hmm ok I'll try that. Thanks so much for the link!

SkyBaby
10-26-2009, 04:14 PM
He's gone. He went over night. Now the fish room seems almost empty.. I still have 3 others. He had the most fun personality out of all of them. I miss him already and it's only been 5 minutes since I buried him. I couldn't bring myself to flush him.

fins_n_fur
10-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Very sorry for your loss! :11:

Rue
10-26-2009, 04:28 PM
:scry: :scry: :scry:

Sharon
10-26-2009, 04:41 PM
So sorry....it's been my experience that when a Betta has those symptoms, there's not much to be done...

Pele
10-27-2009, 11:46 PM
I can relate. When i came back from a trip to arizona my first betta area was sick with constipation. I tried the pea thing but it didnt work. He died:scry: the best thing for you to do at this point is move on, hes dead and try not to think about it. Get another betta, pele helped me get over ares really quickly. also, get rid of what gave him dropsy (probrably tubifex worms) smash them, burn them, do anything to destroy them, it will make you feel better and, even though this is sad, you will move on.

AmyLynn
10-28-2009, 12:39 AM
:yellowcry: :yellowcry: :yellowcry: I so wanted you to be able to have tiny pink baby bettas. So very sad.