PDA

View Full Version : Our Fancy Goldfish (Ryukins, Orandas, Black Moors & Fantails)

Deleted User
10-21-2009, 05:19 PM
These are our fancy goldfish. We have calico ryukins, black moors, orange orandas, orange and black orandas, and fantails. Currently, the fish are still growing and are in two 20 gallon tanks, however, they will soon move to a larger tank (either a 75 gallon one, or a really big 150 gallon one -- that one probably will require H to brace the floor under where it will go in our Florida room!). As most of you know, these fish will get much larger and require room and heavy filtration. It would have been easier when we first got into fish if we knew how much we'd like them. If so, we'd have set up big tanks to start.

We enjoy fancy goldfish very much... They are in our bedroom and when I'm in bed and look at the tank nearest my side of the bed (with the calico ryukins), 9 times out of 10, most or all of the fish in that tank are in the corner closest to me watching me. I like to think it's some kind of affection, but realize it is most likely their version of praying to the food goddess.

Fancy Goldfish 2 Minute YouTube Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4wwEpb7BtY) (<--- link)

Hope you enjoy them and thanks for taking a peak at our fat and bumbly little water puppies!

megastealer
10-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Your oranda with the complete orange body and black fins is sooo pretty! :1luvu: Very nice fish!

rich311k
10-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Nice video and fish! I like your choice of music.

VoidParadigm
10-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Adorable fish. Their shapes are so uniform to each other! It's rather nice to not see mutant-ish fancies!

Deleted User
10-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks!!!

These are one of our favorite kinds of fish. I think they are still H's overall favorite. My new overall favorite are the blood parrots, but the goldfish are way up there for me, too.

They just seem "good". Like they have good natures and are friendly.

I'm partial to the orange and black orandas and the calico ryukins. H likes the white fantail with the orange spot on his head.

The real big solid orange oranda has a partial missing dorsal fin. We got him 2wks ago (H picked him out)... maybe 3wks ago (lost track). I didn't notice until we got him out of the bag here. I don't know how it happened, but it "looks" like something took a bite right out of that fin. Maybe he caught it on something? I hope it will grow back. His name is Piggy. He nearly choked on some gravel he apparently tried to eat it! I came in the bedroom and he was laying on the gravel until I startled him and then he "woke up" and after a couple tries, it came out of his mouth!

Scrup
10-23-2009, 02:59 PM
can't see the video as I am at work, but just so ya know, I recently inherited a ryukin, he is about 8" not including his tail, and about 5" wide...close to 13" with the tail.

I would shoot for the 150.

Rue
10-23-2009, 03:02 PM
I have hi-speed access today...so I got to watch...very cute! thumbs2: And your tank is so clean! LOL...my goldfish tank has an on-going algae issue that I can't quite get a handle on...

labnjab
10-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Very nice tank and happy looking goldfish.

thumbs2: And your tank is so clean! LOL...my goldfish tank has an on-going algae issue that I can't quite get a handle on...

I was thinking the same thing, lol I too have been having an ongoing algae problem in our goldfish tank

Rue
10-23-2009, 05:17 PM
LOL...I'm obcessed with clean...and I get so frustrated when I keep cleaning and never get to where I'd like to be...:help: :hmm3grin2orange: