PDA

View Full Version : ammonia burn

rookie
10-20-2009, 12:56 AM
i was in walmart the other day and noticed that they had a bunch of betta's that looked like they were suffering from ammonia burn there gills did not look too good the red thing in there gills was hanging down a little. i found the local person and told them that the fish are suffering and need a water change asap. i wanted to tell him more to care for them but i didnt know what to tell him. what can be done to help fish in this condition can they ever make a full recovery. :scry:

rich311k
10-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Water changes are a good start. They need to be in real tanks with filters and heaters.

Lab_Rat
10-20-2009, 04:43 AM
Unfortunately such is the fate of the Walmart bettas. It's the only place I've seen angelfish kept in betta cups too. You want to buy them all to save them but that will just perpetuate the sad cycle of events.

Lady Hobbs
10-20-2009, 01:41 PM
The store here keeps them in betta cups but larger than those you see normally. These are pint size. Their water gets changed and that medication added to the new water. They used to keep them all in vases but no more. I can see where employees don't have time to mess with 20 vases each day plus all the tanks.