PDA

View Full Version : funney betta stories

Pele
10-19-2009, 01:56 AM
You know that funny cory stories thread? well, corys aint got nothing on bettas when it comes to comedy!
You know how bettas are supposed to like pellets and hate flakes? well, my betta pele wont touch pelets. He tries to eat them, then he spits them out and swims away. But, drop in a flake, and it wont even hit the water. He even prefers flakes to frozen brine shrimp!! When i was in arizona last year, the fish-sitter ran out of flakes and called me (almost crying) saying that my betta wouldnt eat!
What about you? what funnyness does your betta undertake?

lahlumdi
10-19-2009, 02:13 AM
I was thinking the same! Bettas are funny!

I used to have one who would hide under leaves so you couldn't even see it. Then he'd dart out really fast like we were playing hide and seek. He'd do it again and again. While I was watching.

He also liked to be petted when I did a water change or worked to re-arrange/trim my plants.

tori.lock
10-19-2009, 03:18 AM
My betta is the very same with flakes. He'll hit the pellet, then spit it out. At first he would eat them, but slowly lost interest until all he did would drift around eyeballing it, then go attack a flake. I can get him to play hide and seek with me, where I'll move so a leaf or something is hiding me from him, then he'll swim around to look at me. If I've been gone all day he swims up to the front of the tank and flares, then darts around, poking his nose up for food. One of my favorite antics of his is when he flares and tries to attack a plastic toy moose or my chap stick.

SkyBaby
10-19-2009, 03:29 AM
One of my bettas is so crazy about getting food (he'll eat anything.. not picky one little bit:P) and he jumps to try to get to the food before it even hits the water. I have some anacharis floating so when he jumps, he lands sideways on the anacharis then keeps jumping. :P It's like he LOVES to just jump. It's the funniest thing.