PDA

View Full Version : I am lost

fishman01
10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Today i found a clutch of mystery snail eggs and now i am not sure if i should keep them in the tank or remove them as they hatch

dancethenparty
10-19-2009, 04:17 AM
Today i found a clutch of mystery snail eggs and now i am not sure if i should keep them in the tank or remove them as they hatch
a)are you sure they're snail eggs,
b) i like my snails, however soon they will overrun my take i will take some out. so why don't you try snails, see if you like them, if not then get rid of them.

JENUINE
10-27-2009, 05:55 PM
I Have Hatched Quite A Few Golden Apple Snails And "given" Them To Pet Stores. Snails Are Interesting But Add A Big Bio Load To Your Tank. Also, Some Feed Them To Other Tanks W/fish Such As Clown Loaches.

VoidParadigm
10-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Depends on whether or not you want more snails. If you don't want a few hundred more then just put the eggs that pop up in the garbage. If you do, just leave them alone. Simple as that. :shrug:

Scrup
10-27-2009, 07:48 PM
loaches love snail eggs..and baby snails for that matter.

fishman01
10-29-2009, 05:52 PM
i want to keep them but should i keep the eggs in the tank and remove the snails as they hatch (by remove i mean put them in other tanks) or should i remove the whole clutch of eggs and wait for them to hatch

VoidParadigm
10-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Leaving them alone is the best bet. They may not even be fertilized. applesnail.net may have more information on caring for the eggs.