PDA

View Full Version : Snail eggs~ok, who ate 'em?

MrJim
10-18-2009, 12:24 AM
I think I had some snail eggs. Counted about 20 late one evening when my wife discovered these pearl lookin' ball-things hanging around the inside of the tank. I figured they were snail eggs, only other fish in there are corys & an oto...so I was gonna just let them be born and then feed them to the comet.

Anyhow next morning there were only two left, and they were on the underside of a plastic plant leaf. So we're wondering if whether the snails or the corys ate the eggs? They seemed kinda large, didn't figure the corys would bother them. Also they were mostly about midway down on the glass on the tank, not above the water line.

VoidParadigm
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Mystery snails lay eggs above the waterline. I say it was cory eggs.

As for who ate them? Every creature in your tank will eat fish eggs.

MrJim
10-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Mystery snails lay eggs above the waterline. I say it was cory eggs.

As for who ate them? Every creature in your tank will eat fish eggs.

Would the cory eggs be attached to the tank wall half way up? Seemed kinda large but then I'd never seen either in RL..

Rue
10-19-2009, 08:53 PM
...well, it wasn't me! Honest!:hmm3grin2orange:

But yes, cory eggs are laid on the said of the tank...mystery snail egg masses (can't mistake them for anything else) are laid just above the water line (or on the roof, if you have a cover)...

VoidParadigm
10-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Cories will place their eggs on anything they'll stick to. They aren't picky.

Northernguy
10-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Cories will place their eggs on anything they'll stick to. They aren't picky.
Plants glass,rocks anything but on another fish! lol
These are apple snail eggs.

MrJim
10-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Plants glass,rocks anything but on another fish! lol
These are apple snail eggs.
Hey that looks like my Gary~

The eggs kinda looked like that, except there were 3 here and 2 there and 4 over there sorta thing, not a big mass like that...and they seemed large for what I would think would be cory eggs...I was gonna take a pic the next day but then they were gone:scry:

Scrup
10-22-2009, 11:53 PM
I believe most apple snails lay the eggs out of water, and it is FAR more than 20-30