PDA

View Full Version : Zebra pleco

rollie
04-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Try putting this on last night but could not. so going to try again. I need information on Zebra Plec or as they sometime called L46. do anyone know if they can be got? they are from brazil. i would readly love to have some. different peoples that come to my shop ,is telling me that they are seeing them around. but no one been able to find out ,where they coming from. I have yet to see a real one. hoping someone can and will help me. Should i be sitting down, when i find out how much?

DemonShark
04-12-2006, 06:46 PM
they are proubly expensive if there hardly ever seen

William
04-12-2006, 09:32 PM
L46 "Zebra pleco" shouldn't be to hard to get a hold of if you are ok to order them and collect them at nearest airport. (garanteed live arrival) Might want to wait untill it get a little warmer in Nova Scotia.

Do you want me to post some sources that ship them to you.

Demonshark: They are among the more common of the rare cats and are not that expensive, although not cheap.

rollie
04-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Yes would you. i might finally get some, oh i am happy now!!! i go to the airport now (2 hour away) for my fish.

DemonShark
04-12-2006, 10:22 PM
lol you live far away from things like me

William
04-13-2006, 06:05 AM
Ok. I have contacted a few people that I have seen keeping them in stock. Hopefully one of them have them now. I'll let you know.

rollie
04-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Last night i was on aother forum .do do with plec only. they said they some out there and they sell for around $200.00 ea. bit high for me, but by fall i should have some. i would need a pair, becauce i going to try to spawn them. they seem to think, that with what i know about spawning fish, i should have no problem spawning them. can i get them wholesales, anywhere out there?

William
04-13-2006, 06:50 PM
I had missed that they had banned the collecting of them during the time I has been traveling. When I left sweden 2 years ago they were readily vailable for 30-40$ and quite commonly breed.

I did find some for 250$ but that is as you say a bit much.

I have found a breeder in spokane but you would have to get in line to get some and I don't know what she charges for them.

Guess you just have to wait until this fall ;-)

rollie
04-13-2006, 07:05 PM
thank, anyhow.

DemonShark
04-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Hope you reaach your goal