PDA

View Full Version : ID help please

handrew
10-10-2009, 07:15 PM
I was hoping someone may be able to help me with an ID of a crab and a shrimp. I do not have the aquarium but a co-worker does. She and her husband are fairly new to saltwater and did not know what these were. I was told that they had gotten a live rock from somewhere in the Indian Ocean. After setting in the tank for some time now, a unknown crab and shrimp have appeared. She told there is only one fish so far and then these two. The crab is a dark color which looked almost black to me. On the back pair of legs are some banding. It was a lighter yellow color but was only on the back pair. I am not sure how big it is either. The shrimp was described as black in color and appeared green at joints in the exoskeleton (I think this is what it is called). She said it was about 1.5 to 2 inches long and about the diameter of a nickle or quarter. Sorry if these descriptions are not very clear but that is all I have to go on. I hope someone may be able to shed some light on these mystery inhabitants.

UnknownFish
10-11-2009, 03:27 AM
Can you get some pictures for us?

.: JaCkPoT :.
10-11-2009, 11:22 AM
picture would be much easier as there are lots of crab species thumbs2:

handrew
10-11-2009, 12:31 PM
I will try to see if they can get me some pictures. I will not be back at work until Tuesday so should be able to get the pictures that afternoon.

.: JaCkPoT :.
10-24-2009, 05:31 PM
if not google the description and find a picture wich looks like the crab you have :)thumbs2: