PDA

View Full Version : Gift Mistake

lahlumdi
10-10-2009, 03:29 PM
OK, I accidently made a mistake in giving gifts. Where it said "Username" I put my own name in. Then I realized after buying it and writing the message, that I intended it for someone else. Is there any way to rectify this? Or is having a "proud of you" gift to myself an continual exercise in humilty as long as I'm in this forum?

Deleted User
10-10-2009, 03:33 PM
If you mean you want to get rid of it. Go into your profile. There is a red X next to each gift. Click on it and it will remove the gift.:ssmile:

Rue
10-10-2009, 03:36 PM
LOL...:hmm3grin2orange:

Brookfish
10-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Keep the gift, you deserve it! thumbs2:

Northernguy
10-10-2009, 03:58 PM
I think its a great idea! If you look at some of the gifts you will see quite a few have gifted themselves! lol

Brookfish
10-10-2009, 04:02 PM
I think its a great idea! If you look at some of the gifts you will see quite a few have gifted themselves! lol

I never thought of gifting myself, I could have a whole shoal
of my favourite fish, :hmm3grin2orange:

violet
10-10-2009, 04:31 PM
That's cute... I'd keep it cus you should be proud of yourself :11:

Northernguy
10-10-2009, 04:51 PM
I never thought of gifting myself, I could have a whole shoal
of my favourite fish, :hmm3grin2orange:
lol That is the easy way!:19:

lahlumdi
10-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Great insights! LOL I never thought of gifting one self. Thanks for the way it might be deleted, too.

Little Embers
10-10-2009, 11:26 PM
OK, I accidently made a mistake in giving gifts. Where it said "Username" I put my own name in. Then I realized after buying it and writing the message, that I intended it for someone else. Is there any way to rectify this? Or is having a "proud of you" gift to myself an continual exercise in humilty as long as I'm in this forum?

LOL! That is a good one to go in Rue's "Duh Moments" thread..:hmm3grin2orange:

Seriously though...say as in Lahlumdi's case, you accidentally give a gift to yourself (intended it for someone else)... you really wanted to give that gift to the other member though, but now don't have enough points to buy another gift.....You can delete the gift, but can you get those 1000 points back?

Rue
10-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Nope...you're out of luck there...:goldfish: :fish: :goldfish:

bushwhacker
10-11-2009, 12:59 AM
LOL! That is a good one to go in Rue's "Duh Moments" thread..:hmm3grin2orange:

Seriously though...say as in Lahlumdi's case, you accidentally give a gift to yourself (intended it for someone else)... you really wanted to give that gift to the other member though, but now don't have enough points to buy another gift.....You can delete the gift, but can you get those 1000 points back?

i dont think you will get the points back little embers

lahlumdi
10-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Thanks for trying to help me out guys! As it turns out, I have been able to give the recipient of my original gift two. She didn't have much anyway, and I really wanted to encourage the young one. Come to think of it, I thought it is a girl. Maybe I better check on that! Man, I'm just getting myself into this deeper and deeper! :11:

bushwhacker
10-11-2009, 02:24 AM
bushwhacker steals the local rescue helicopter and drops a stokes basket into the hole lahlumdi is stuck in ...... here gal climb into this and we'll get you outta there

lahlumdi
10-11-2009, 02:41 AM
Thanks Bushwhacker! My Hero!! :thankyouyellow: