PDA

View Full Version : Which NLS product should i get

rookie
10-08-2009, 08:00 PM
ok i think it is agreed that NLS is a good staple so i looked at there site and i was not sure which one of there products i should get. i have a 110g tank and when i am fully stocked i plan to have
2 angels
3 festivums
2 german blue rams
6 congo tetras
10 corys
3 bn plecos

with this stocking which NLS product do you think i should get

jaysee
10-08-2009, 08:11 PM
With garlic.

You have a SA cichlid tank with african tetras. What about columbian blue and red tetras? Ocean has'em.

Rue
10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
I prefer Omega One...and I use the garlic additive...

rookie
10-08-2009, 11:01 PM
jaysee i am going to consider the columbians next time i go to ocean ill take a look at them.

Rue i have heard of good things comming from Omega One but i think im going to try NLS this time if things dont work out i will definatly consider Omega thanks for the suggustion

Does anyone else have any input on NLS

Red
10-08-2009, 11:03 PM
I would go with therm-a NLS food, like it the best..

rookie
10-08-2009, 11:19 PM
sev y do you like the therm-a i see alot of the NLS products but no explanation on y they are diffrent

Red
10-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Heavy on garlic, great for fighting off parasites in new fish.

rookie
10-08-2009, 11:31 PM
ok i narrowed it down to the therm-a and the cichlid formula. i am just taking into the account that most of my fish are cichlids and i do feed seperatly before lights out for the corys and bn's. do you know if there is garlic in the cichlid formula. i have been trying to research it and all i keep getting is that most of the formulas are all close to the same

Red
10-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Yeah, i think you are right rookie, I think both are good for you.

rookie
10-09-2009, 12:34 AM
ok sev i did alot of research and the cichlid formula and the Thera A formula ingrediance are almost exactly the same, the main differences are their protein percent (Cichlid Formula = 34%, Thera A = 38%) and Thera A has more garlic. So i should have known better to even ask lol you were right i just sent in my order for some Thera A. Thanks for all the help

jaysee
10-09-2009, 01:32 AM
Sent in your order :hmm3grin2orange:

MonkeyPox
10-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Where did you order from?

Sarkazmo
10-09-2009, 01:39 AM
I just got my Big Al's order today. I got NLS Thera+A, Community Fish Formula, and Surface Feeder Formula. I've got enough food now for years... heh. The Bettas LOVE the Thera+A and Surface Feeder. The rest of the fish and my RCS love the Community Formula. Most times when you switch food the fish are sorta put off for a while but not with the NLS.

Sark

Fishguy2727
10-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Thera+A is definitely the way to go. The surface feeder is supposed to be 'semi-floating' but the only different I saw was that it didn't seem to sink quite as fast, but I didn't see it floating any longer. The community is just the Thera+A without as much of the very beneficial garlic.

The difference with NLS is the balanced and complete nutrition it provides. I have seen some very impressive results with it, both my own and the experiences of others. I have yet to see these kinds of results even reported with other foods. Growth rates can be incredible, no digestive problems with mbunas and Tropheus spp., Thera+A being the only thing needed to treat marine white spot, discus internal parasites, etc. It goes on and on.

I am glad you are trying it, let is know how it goes.

jaysee
10-09-2009, 02:00 AM
Where did you order from?

Me:ssmile: . I'm making an ordering from big als tonight.

rookie
10-09-2009, 04:40 AM
Yea me and Jaysee live pretty close so it makes sence to place am order togeather. Thank u all for all it input it cleared up alot of questions. And thanks for putting in that order Jaysee U da man

Red
10-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I am glad the NLS improved of my choice, I have always had this best luck with this food.