PDA

View Full Version : Jack Dempseys?

MrKickalot
04-05-2007, 04:52 PM
My friend is getting rid of 2 Jack's. Looking at my signature... can I put 2 Jacks in my 110 with what I have in there? Some sites say yes, some say no...

Fishguy2727
04-05-2007, 06:32 PM
No. The plants will be destroyed, along with all the fish that are not fast enough to avoid the JDs, and it will be a stressful life for the fish left.

Leftyroc
04-05-2007, 06:59 PM
ReptileGuy has much more expierence than myself and I agree with him about the plants and possible stressful enviornment but I have 2 Jacks with 2 dwarf Blue Gouramis and a Convict in a 50gal happily. At one point I had another two gold gouramis and a couple of tiger barbs in that tank all together and they were pretty happy together, but I kept my tank pretty cool so things stayed calm. Just my two cents.

DemonShark
04-06-2007, 12:17 AM
I LOVE JACK DEMPSEYS! I spoil mine like a bratty kid. You should buy just a separate tank just for them so you can worship them. They are absolutely amazing and such an intelligent fish! If you don't want em... you know who wants em lol.

Severus
04-06-2007, 02:23 AM
My JD gets along fine with my gouramis. He is also very passive though. Chances are that they will not work in your tank

YaYgoldFish
04-06-2007, 04:31 AM
Most Jack Dempseys fight with every other kind of fish except other South American Cichlids, but if serverus managed to get a gouramis with one maybe you could try..probably risky tho.

cocoa_pleco
04-06-2007, 04:34 AM
i dont know how this happened, but i had a dempsey with a electric yellow and red zebra a few years ago. They all got along, but i never knew about cichlids and how they are aggressive 7 years ago. They never fought

ArmanS
04-07-2007, 06:40 AM
I have a JD and 2 Guoramis and 3 Bala sharks, make sure your other fish can not fit in side your JD's mouth, also remember the JD's mouth gets really big right b4 it swallows. gL but I think if you can get 2 and they are a pair get another tank and try to breed them.

theamazonian
04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Jds are more defensive than aggressive! if they are a breeding pair however that will raise thier aggression