PDA

View Full Version : my sick Betta

Neon
10-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I think is going to die , 3 days now it stays still and hidden for long time, no eating , it turned from velvet red to greysh this morning, strangely swimming. water parameters are ok , i mean ammo is 0 , no nitrite and nitrate very low in the safe range value, ph 6.8 . temp 27 C .

I added some generic antibacteria yesterday , wil see what happens , if necessary I would need to put him in ice cold water, I don't want him to be eaten up.

Hope won't be necessary though

Sarkazmo
10-07-2009, 10:41 AM
It could be that he's very old and it's his time.
or
It could be that he's got some sort of ailment. I would treat with Melafix and Pimafix and soak his food in juices from a freshly crushed garlic. That should cover bacterial, parasitical, and fungal issues for the biggest part. Try giving him some fresh water. If all else fails try live food. Good luck.

Sark

Neon
10-08-2009, 08:55 AM
this cold morning , the moon was still high in the sky , I buried my beloved Betta , called Sam, in our garden. He was a good guy who never bullied or hurt any of his smaller than him tank mates.
I am really sad , the antibacteria and the aloe vera and the low Ph couldn't save him, it turned from red to gray and then to white, it was still and other fish were nearly to bite him when i decided to remove and put in a small bowl with cold water. I still feel a sense of guilty, maybe , I should have given him another chance , but it seemed really suffering and being on his last leg....RIP Sam, you will be missed by us all.

Sharon
10-08-2009, 10:20 AM
So sorry...I'm sure Sam had a great life with you...

Ghostknife
10-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Sorry for that Neon, you did what you thought was best. The only thing you could have done. He was prob in alot of distress and pain, best thing for him.

Deleted User
10-08-2009, 12:20 PM
I am so sorry! You took really good care of him and he was lucky to have you as his person!

Sarkazmo
10-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm sorry, Neon. :(

Sark

tori.lock
10-08-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that. You did what you could, and he's lucky to have been treated at all. Most people would just wait it out. By the sound of it, it just seems like it was his time.

King Tut
10-09-2009, 12:22 AM
So sorry to see this Neon!! You were a good pet to the Betta!! (I think the bettas think we are their pets. They do have the superior attitude)

SkyBaby
10-09-2009, 03:34 AM
RIP Sam. I'm sure he knew how much he was loved. He lived a very happy life with you. I'm sure he's in a better place now.

mattsbottleofjager
10-09-2009, 04:44 AM
Sorry for your loss :11:

bluebluecow
10-09-2009, 05:52 AM
sorry for the loss, i think its harder to lose bettas are harder fish to loose because of the personality.

Liz