PDA

View Full Version : Taking my motorcycle driving test tommarow!

smaug
10-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Wish me luck!Now I can go on ahead and do all the stuff legally that I have been taking for granted illegally for the past 2 months(blush) Dont hate me,,,I couldnt help myself.At least Ill be well practiced:14:

Taurus
10-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Good Luck, bud! You know, I had a lot of practice before I took the test and it really did help. Just don't make the mistake I did. When I came out with the fellow giving me the test, I didn't even think about it. I just got on the bike, started it up, and drove it over to the course. BIG MISTAKE!!

Push your bike over to the course.

When the guy giving me the test stopped yelling..lol...I passed with flying colors! :hmm3grin2orange:

Red
10-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Woo good luck with the test!

Fishesses
10-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Never took the driving test. Only the written. Passing MSF The Course counted as the driving test.

Written was very easy. Mostly commonsense and some of the same rules of the road as a regular license. I think there were 20 questions and 5 were bike specific. Yeah, I could've missed all 5 and still passed.

Good luck thumbs2:

rich311k
10-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Good luck on the test!

smaug
10-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Good Luck, bud! You know, I had a lot of practice before I took the test and it really did help. Just don't make the mistake I did. When I came out with the fellow giving me the test, I didn't even think about it. I just got on the bike, started it up, and drove it over to the course. BIG MISTAKE!!

Push your bike over to the course.

When the guy giving me the test stopped yelling..lol...I passed with flying colors! :hmm3grin2orange:
Why did you have to push the bike?

Lady Hobbs
10-07-2009, 12:19 AM
lolol You don't want the instructor knowing you're driving it illegally!

rookie
10-07-2009, 12:35 AM
good luck i cant wait till i get my second bike mabe then it will run instead of being a incomplete project like the one i have now lol

Northernguy
10-07-2009, 02:53 AM
lol Now remember what the difference is tomorrow between legal and illegal! lol thumbs2:
Good luck tomorrow smaug! I hope all goes well!:22:

Don't forget to polish your bike again! lol

vegas2k
10-07-2009, 02:55 AM
yah a lot of good riders actually have spent a lot of time off road biking..no license needed, and you learn a lot about handling the bike in less than ideal conditions.

William
10-07-2009, 04:35 AM
good luck tomorrow!

mattsbottleofjager
10-07-2009, 04:40 AM
Good luck on your test!

Mith
10-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Good luck!!!!

lmgiles88
10-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Good Luck! Hope All Goes Well!

fins_n_fur
10-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Good luck - I'm sure you'll pass with flying colours!

smaug
10-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhboo oooooooooyyyyyyyyyyy!
I passed.Now Im totally ok as for the law.I was riding legally with but a few caveats. [night riding And even then it was just to get to work.Im all good now.I posted this on a Triumph forum,maybe this can help here too.
Seeing as how no one else seemed to really know what the test consisted of I will give my experience [fresh].I took my test today knowing that it required fig 8 maneuver and a pre ride checklist.This is what they had me do.
After he checked all my paperwork [permit,class c license,registration,insurance] we went to the parking lot where he ran me through the checklist,brakes,turn signals,hi beam lo beam,kill switch,horn,throttle,both brakes,fuel valve,choke.Then I proceeded to do a both brakes stop in front of him.Next was the slalom with 3 cones come back to him go up one gear come down one gear then both brakes stop in front of him again.Then it was the 30by50 ft box to do 3 non stop fig eight maneuvers [I only practiced doing one at a time]I passed all of the steps.He also informed me that if I would not have had eye protection under my visor that I would have failed immediately.There was no written knowledge test with this course.I hope this thread can help any new riders,I couldn't find this info anywhere,everyone just told me to "take the motorcycle safety course,its easier"maybe so but it is 15 hrs worth of instruction that can be just as easily accomplished by your self with common sense while you

William
10-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Conngratulations!!

Taurus
10-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Why did you have to push the bike?

Because I had not taken the bike driving test yet. Therefore I did not have a license to drive a bike. Pushing the bike was ok. But starting the bike and driving to the test course (30' away in the same parking lot) was a no-no, and according to the guy giving the test, "breaking the law".

LOL..he yelled at me for quite a while for making that "mistake". But I handled the driving test course with ease, so I passed my test and got my license and lived happily ever after. :ssmile:

Taurus
10-07-2009, 05:05 PM
CONGRATS Smaug thumbs2:

rich311k
10-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Congrats! Well done.

Lady Hobbs
10-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Congratulations. This doesn't mean you can now drive it at 100 miles an hour. :)

vegas2k
10-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Congratulations. This doesn't mean you can now drive it at 100 miles an hour. :)

now get one of those nice bike riding airbags. really cool devices you wear..if you get ejected from the bike for any reason, it goes off and protects you from becoming road kill :)

smaug
10-07-2009, 07:19 PM
now get one of those nice bike riding airbags. really cool devices you wear..if you get ejected from the bike for any reason, it goes off and protects you from becoming road kill :)
Thats funny.

Taurus:,I was wandering if thats what you meant.Here in pa we can ride by ourselves when on permit as long as we are over 18 and have a car liscense.

Taurus
10-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Thats funny.

Taurus:,I was wandering if thats what you meant.Here in pa we can ride by ourselves when on permit as long as we are over 18 and have a car liscense.

In Vermont we need to have a valid driver's license and take a motorcyle dexterity test where we are tested on our ablility to maneuver and operate the bike. If you pass the dexterity test, your driver's license is then reissued with a code "M" meaning you can legally operate a motorcyle. I have two numeric codes on my driver's license... a "1" meaning I must wear glasses\contacts and "M" meaning I can legally operate\drive a motorcycle.

So, I broke the law by driving my bike to the operation\dexterity course without an "M" on my license. Anyway, he got over it eventually. :hmm3grin2orange:

smaug
10-07-2009, 07:44 PM
In Vermont we need to have a valid driver's license and take a motorcyle dexterity test where we are tested on our ablility to maneuver and operate the bike. If you pass the dexterity test, your driver's license is then reissued with a code "M" meaning you can legally operate a motorcyle. I have two numeric codes on my driver's license... a "1" meaning I must wear glasses\contacts and "M" meaning I can legally operate\drive a motorcycle.

So, I broke the law by driving my bike to the operation\dexterity course without an "M" on my license. Anyway, he got over it eventually. :hmm3grin2orange:
Thats how md is as well.Most people opt to take the safety course.

Brookfish
10-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Congrats on passing your test mate, drive safely!thumbs2:

Northernguy
10-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Well done smaug! Thats great news and a releif I'm sure!thumbs2:

Why do you need eye protection under your visor? I thought that was what visors were for.

smaug
10-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Well done smaug! Thats great news and a releif I'm sure!thumbs2:

Why do you need eye protection under your visor? I thought that was what visors were for.
Its the law to wear eye protection.In pa helmets are optional so I guess that takes care of the helmetless.

Sharon
10-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Congrats!!!thumbs2: Be safe!

Rue
10-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Congrats on being legal!:11:

King Tut
10-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Congrats on being legal!!! Enjoy it safely!!! Remember most people in cars still do not pay attention to riders. Been there and done that!! T-boning one vehicle is enough!!

smaug
10-08-2009, 02:03 AM
Congrats on being legal!!! Enjoy it safely!!! Remember most people in cars still do not pay attention to riders. Been there and done that!! T-boning one vehicle is enough!!
Yup,in the few short months I have learned to ride like everyone is trying to kill me.bikes are hard to see sometimes,I know that as I have missed seeing them myself a few times.